ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

Completely speculating, but it may be that the New Year's show was completely an ITV production so they used "World of Sport" (which is their trademark) whereas this is a joint production with Anthem so they wanted a name that they could "share" without ITV giving up the rights.

*As they end a conference call with The Hardys, ROH and the Dish Network*

Tom McLennan "Hey, I've got a brilliant idea for a name going forward"...

Also, courtesy of Impact.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THAT WOS WRESTLING, sounds like a shit chant they heard more than a good name. For all they say its a wrestling company, it's still a tv show only for now and should be judged as such

• Paid Members

It's a shame this did get a series because I envisioned Alex Shane shipping this around TV stations for years to come just like Alan Partridge's conversation with Tony Hayers.

Youth Hostelling with El Ligero.

Icw have been introducing a lot more new faces via the tour shows, so look to be planning ahead. Are WOS not just no other tv wrestling in uk/ WWE? Haven't seen anything that stops their indie bookings, of it is then a big risk for the workers to take for two days work, which makes that sound unrealistic to me .

Going to be an interesting few months with WWE starting their UK territory up and this World of Sport thing locking their guys down so they are micro managed on their bookings. You know a load of promotions are going to get fucked when its all set and done.

who and from where, though? I subscribed to Progress on demand pretty much purely on the strength of Bate and Dunne in the UK tournament, now I'm familiar with most of their roster, am hooked and have lots of new favs. In the same way I can imagine lots of people doing the same for ICW and wherever else these guys work. I think a key thing is letting people know where else they can be found, which WWE did but I don't recall from the WOS pilot

Just take RevPro, that's exceedingly healthy at the moment and that's been from NJPW and ROH cherry picking Ospreay, Scurll and Sabre Jr and giving them the big shout out

Archived