ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many , many foreign wrestlers worked here in the 60's/70's and 80's. A lot of WWF jobbers were regulars on WOS as were the ones who became more famous like Yamada, the Harts, the Lees etc who were sent here for seasoning.

Brett/Owen/Ross/Smith/Bruce Hart

Sammy Lee - Tiger Mask

Kwik  Kik Lee - Akira Maeda

Fuji Yamada - Thunder Liger

Jim Harris - Kamala

Spiros Arion

John Quinn

WWF jobbers like Rick Hunter, Scott McGhee, Bryan Walsh

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Not as far as I know. I think he broke in in Florida.

Cheers. I recalled him being billed from Antigua at Starrcade 90, but wasn't sure if it was legit. If he broke in in Florida that seems more likely that it was, rather than him being a part of the scene over here.

18 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Rocco was Black Tiger over in New Japan and was very successful. I have a feeling Marty Jones might've gone over there too.

+ Fit Finlay, Ray Steele, Pete Roberts, Caswell Martin, Wild Angus, Keith Haward, Dalibar Singh, Chris Adams, Robbie Brookside & Bernie Wright, to name a few more. Even Nagasaki in the 60's.

Wasn't the original point about U.S imports. Seems a poor do when the thing can't even launch without some U.S star having to be involved. Mind you, it is GFW V.2, so what do you expect? Just need Karen Jarrett screaming like a banshee from ringside to top it all off.

Marty Jones also had a successful stint in Mexico in the 70s, losing a big hair vs hair match with Perro Aguayo.

Other overseas stars who appeared on World of Sport off the top of my head were Daryl Karolet, who was Nitron in the NWA (Doom's bodyguard) who wrestled as the imaginatively named Sky Walker in the late 1980s and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, as just The Sheik, in the 1970s sometime. The afore mentioned Bryan Walsh (WWF jobber) was known as Bill Pearl over here.

Archived