ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

At an uneducated guess, I'd say either another set of tapings would done (TBA) as I'm assuming it will be 6 done over the 2 days which would require another single night of 3 tapings and a single (longer) season finale show (possibly at a bigger venue based on ticket sales of the previous set of tapings) or as said they would add a lot in post-production to make the episodes out of the matches.

Another thing that came to mind is how the tapings would be conducted, with it being Impact handling the production (and creative). ROH and WCPW style with them filming in blocks of actual episodes or Impact style, where they can film out of synch? That means nothing to how many episodes they film but it was just a curiosity.

Lastly, with the press release saying that the Impact roster and creative are being leveraged, I have a feeling Borash and Spud (with the Bootcamp connection and the former's previous fondness of the UK scene) will be head/main writers of this. As opposed to the junior ITV production member who wrote the NYE special.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Borash is just writing it. Everything about him has just been TNA'd to me, and ive barely ever watched TNA. His face and voice just scream small time to me whenever they are on screen, hopefully they stick to the commentary team from the pilot.

I really hope Borash is just writing it. Everything about him has just been TNA'd to me, and ive barely ever watched TNA. His face and voice just scream small time to me whenever they are on screen, hopefully they stick to the commentary team from the pilot.

The commentary for the pilot was one of the worst parts. Shane was annoying and not interesting and Ross seemed disinterested and had to read off a script.

I thought the opposite, perhaps with JR its just a legitimacy thing but he definitely brought something to the show. I had no problem with Alex Shane too, not being into my british wrestling I didnt really have much of an opinion on him. Infact, I think the only time ive ever heard him talk was on those Talksport radio shows in the early 2000's. 

The commentary was definitely in keeping with the programme, a bit cheesy and OTT at times, but thats more direction rather than delivery.

Given the fact Anthem are now handling production I'd be surprised if Alex Shane is doing commentary on the series. Someone who I think would do well is Greg Lambert. I think he was one of few bright spots on Dominant Wrestling.

Jim Ross, I suspect (should he be up to it) is a shoe in.

They certainly wouldn't have taken it seriously if it involved having JR in for the pilot. He's not cheap to bring in. If he's up for it, fair enough. Just get someone other than Alex Shane at least.

Tommy Boyd?

Archived