ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So far, tweets from El Ligero and Alex Shane regarding attending the event.

So I'd assume that Alex Shane will be involved, contrary to what I thought.

Unless Shane got 2–3 emails like every one else, asking him to attend the press event and he bit their hand off.

So far, tweets from El Ligero and Alex Shane regarding attending the event.

So I'd assume that Alex Shane will be involved, contrary to what I thought.

Unless Shane got 2–3 emails like every one else, asking him to attend the press event and he bit their hand off.

Eh maybe

• Paid Members

https://twitter.com/TWrestlingmag/status/846355627744116737

They ran an angle at the end with a brawl. They kept referring to it as W.O.S. instead of World Of Sport. Jeremy Borash did host and the interviewer from last time was there too. No sign of Mr Beesley though.

Edit - They then took questions from the press. Jarrett said there would be "no restrictions" on wrestlers working elsewhere (where have we heard that before) but they won't be available to work anywhere that's "on TV".

He also said there'll be some Impact influence but they're going to keep it separate with" 70-80%" UK guys, with possible Americans or Japanese talent used (Noah?). He also said they'd be touring and are looking at maybe even doing PPV.

They didn't comment on JR being back for obvious reasons and plugged that they're setting up a website soon (presumably not ITVWRESTLING.COM)

As expected, Magnus is involved. Meltzer also mentioned Bubblegum but he's not there. A few people not there who were in the first taping.

nd7KosU.jpg

If my eyes are reet, that looks like Preston Councillor, Drew Gale behind Grado at the Press Conference. Worked lots with Fludder and PCW over time and is responsible for the 2 outdoor shows for Armed Forces Day ( which is his brainchild too!)

Given that, it's no coincidence that Ptown is at the forefront of this as Jarett had been over a bunch of times previously as well.

Looks good, and Bubblegum's involvement can only be a great thing <3

• Paid Members

Yeah Gale got plenty of mic time at the press conference. Seems quite the smart mark and good person to be on terms with.

No Bubblegum I'm afraid, saw that in a tweet that turned out to be incorrect.

• Paid Members

Coffey brothers not there.have both Been tweeting about it so hope still involved

Yeah I don't think they had all the wrestlers there, the Coffey Brothers will probably be their top face tag team. As you say, they've been plugging the thing on Twitter.

No Mastiff judging by that picture. Who was involved in the brawl? A few others from the pilot not there either, but that's probably because they weren't hyped much- CJ Banks, Danny Hope (although he was hyped a bit going into the NYE Special) and someone else from the ladder match I think.

Really interested for this. I like the 70-80% ratio of UK guys that Double J mentioned. Keeps the focus on British wrestling, but with some imports to shake things up. No different from most BritWres shows (lower import ratio than RPW and possibly even PCW).

Worth noting ITV have the box office channel now. So they'll be looking for extra content to utilise that platform I'm sure. Don't be suprised by those comments of a possible PPV somewhere down the line.

Really interested for this. I like the 70-80% ratio of UK guys that Double J mentioned. Keeps the focus on British wrestling, but with some imports to shake things up. No different from most BritWres shows (lower import ratio than RPW and possibly even PCW).

PCW are not as import heavy as reputation would have it. Falling crowds, lack of fresh ex-WWE etc names, and lesser exchange rates means that they don't load up anymore. They generally use the same guys that do the circuit of various promotions. So far this year they have been about 20-25% imports on their shows which is comparable with the average Southside show. Rev Pro York Hall shows are now the high watermark for imports it seems, High Stakes was 43.75% imports, and Epic Encounter seems to be loaded in that regard as well.

Having looked at PCW, Southside, IPW, Rev Pro, PROGRESS so far this year, top 3 shows for imports I could find were, RPW High Stakes 43.75%, Southside Battle Of The Egos 7 33.33%, RPW Live In Portsmouth 31.25%.

The boxing on there tanked by all accounts so im not sure wrestling would want to get in on the action.

Tanked by boxing standards or by TNA standards?

Archived