Happy Reality TV Show Memories

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

About a year back I watched Back to Reality, the old C5 show, and decided to upload the two best bits. Richard Bacon getting dumped in shit and his heart breaking as he stands there wondering if this was as low as it can get. And Waller and Craig having a shoot fight.

Also not forgetting that time on Ultimate Big Brother when Slick Vic and Nasty Nick created Jungle Cats 2.0

• Paid Members

Sam Fox, sober on The Club

Just cringe

Oh, I'd forgotten about The Club! That was pretty good as well.

I'm going to see if I can find the clip of Vic Reeves asking for chips and egg on Hell's Kitchen now.

• Paid Members

Michelle Bass going absolutely batshit insane screaming "Chicken!" at poor Stuart night after night. I had no idea Daniel from that series' last name was Bryan. It was a remarkable series. The only other series I watched anywhere near as closely was series 8 with "Samanda" and Brian Belo.

• Paid Members

Fight Night was tremendous, but I equally loved the sit down with Nasty Nick in Big Brother 1. Out of context, it looks dull as fuck. But at the time, before Big Brother became the contrived show full of those desperate for 5 mins of fame, the slow burn storyline revealing Nick's plotting was compelling.

https://youtu.be/YwmKjBY8mVo

• Paid Members

Nick was a fantastic heel. That first series was very innocent with its once a night recaps of the previous day's activities. It was oddly compelling during the time when you could watch it live on E4/online etc. I remember spending some mornings having breakfast with my Uni housemates while also watching them BB housemates sleeping or having their breakfast.

• Awards Moderator

It was oddly compelling during the time when you could watch it live on E4/online etc.

When this came out the company I was working for provided the streaming technology. As such they devoted an entire room in the office to screen after screen of Big Brother live footage. It felt like the future, wandering into this room during a break, ostensibly to see people doing nothing but somehow captivating. The room earned the nickname 'goldfish bowl'.

There's so many odd things from that first series. Remember how the house's front door was about ten yards from where housemates left, so every eviction they would hang outside the door waving at their families? Or the hardline ban on pen and paper (which indirectly led to the Nasty Nick incident)?

• Paid Members

I don't think anything's ever beat Mikey getting full on fucked in the back of the head with a baseball by Mo while he's having a swim in the pool -

That's even funnier than when he did the chili challenge.

That season was great. Rex's babyface turn was better than anything in wrestling history. Starting out as just a miserable bastard and then he did this and it was all uphill from that moment on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLZaJtkBZM

• Paid Members

One of the best bits of cooking ever on MasterChef where the guy had got through to the bit where they have ex winners and finalists to taste the food. He did sausage and beans on garlic toast for his main course and plum in mashed potato for his dessert. It was the kind of disaster that even the denizens of the #EatClean thread would turn their noses up at.

I don't often feel sorry for Greg Wallace or John Torode but it looked horrific. The only thing that looked worse was the faces of the people who had to eat it.

Archived