Happy Reality TV Show Memories

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

That's basically a bat signal for Branquey.

That Alison off BB is one of my all time hated contestants. IRL I have this thing where I tend to hate really nice bubbly people who everyone likes. She is the archetype of that person. That clip where she breaks a fucking table should have been a wake up call but instead she's like "I'm happy the way I am and if you don't like it that's your problem. " She's going to die young.

She was doing panto one year down in Redhill and I saw her walking through the town centre trying to draw as much attention to herself as possible one day. I think she had just been in the chippy.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Did anyone ever watch Tool Academy hosted by Rick Edwards? It also had (had to look up her name) Dr Sandra Scott in it. When I Googled her it turns out she was also the psychiatrist on I'm A Celeb who came under fire when Brian Conley left because they were worried about his mental state.

• Paid Members

That's basically a bat signal for Branquey.

That Alison off BB is one of my all time hated contestants. IRL I have this thing where I tend to hate really nice bubbly people who everyone likes. She is the archetype of that person. That clip where she breaks a fucking table should have been a wake up call but instead she's like "I'm happy the way I am and if you don't like it that's your problem. " She's going to die young.

Shaun Ryder reaction to her arrival was amazing in I'm a Celeb. Around  3.00.

• Moderators

A great random forgotten piece of reality-based TV was when Big Brother's Big Mouth was in its heyday, with old Russ churning out gold 5 days a week back when BB was great. Lauren Harries and John McCririck were the guests, and right at the end of the show, as Russell Brand's trying to say goodbye and the credits are going up, with no warning whatsoever, Harries suddenly stands up, and cuts him off by yelling "KEITH ALLEN, ONE DAY I'M GOING TO BLOODY WELL KILL YOU," and hoys one of her stilettos at the camera, and then the show ends.

Fucking Lauren Harries, man. What an incredible creature. Getting banned off This Morning for doing a Little Britain impression as well. Anyone see her series "Working 9 To 5" where in each episode she had to do a days work in a different profession? I only saw a few and then the series link stopped working. Fish market, estate agent and some sort of gym instructor/general staff member. Great stuff, it was.

While I'm here, I must mention my personal Big Brother favourite moment which is when Marco (horrendous squealing bald man from BB5, not that prick off the recent "celebrity" series) got evicted and slipped across the stage knocking his poor mother flat on her arse in front of everyone. Haven't quite got the patience to search it out right now, but the whole series is on Youtube and Wikipedia says he got booted out on day 36...

• Paid Members

This reminds me of Princess Nikki. Nikki Graham off of Big Brother (who is she?!? WHO IS SHE!??!). She does a days work in unusual places (fishing in the Atlantic, mucking out animals) where she has a melt down and threatens to quit every episode. TV Gold

• Moderators

The oddest, and most fame-desperate thing I ever saw from Harries (which is really saying something) was a video she put on Youtube years and years ago. At the start of the video, she'd just finished an interview with a journalist, who was just leaving, and said something like "This is the reporter for Country Magazine who's doing an interview with me for a big feature. Thanks for interviewing me," and then she and the journalist said goodbye and she did the vlog or whatever. Except anyone who'd seen the Keith Allen doc would have recognised the 'journalist' as Lauren's mum. It definitely wasn't a joke either. It's like something you'd have seen in BritWres 10 years ago.

She was on a show called Trust Me, I'm a Beauty Therapist, or something like that, on some obscure channel years ago, with celebrities like Dame Edna's son (who referred to her behind her back as Mr. Burns) and John Alford. The only thing I remember about it is John Alford, on being tasked with waxing some bloke's chuff, saying "I don't 'ave to touch 'is 'arris, do I?"

• Members

Is it Jailbreak you guys were talking about or is this something different? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(TV_series) Bloody loved this! I remember some podgy middle aged bloke called Len doing an opportunistic runner across the yard one night. Cracking stuff.

A staple of lazy Saturdays for me used to be a Holiday Showdown marathon on ITV2. Proper class divide stuff. You love museums and opera? You love getting shitfaced, all-inclusive and lying by the pool? Well you can fucking hang out with each other's family for a fortnight until you all fucking despise each other. The most obviously deliberate attempt at creating conflict ever televised.

• Moderators

Is it Jailbreak you guys were talking about or is this something different? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(TV_series) Bloody loved this! I remember some podgy middle aged bloke called Len doing an opportunistic runner across the yard one night. Cracking stuff.

A staple of lazy Saturdays for me used to be a Holiday Showdown marathon on ITV2. Proper class divide stuff. You love museums and opera? You love getting shitfaced, all-inclusive and lying by the pool? Well you can fucking hang out with each other's family for a fortnight until you all fucking despise each other. The most obviously deliberate attempt at creating conflict ever televised.

That's the one, yeah. Seems like there's no footage of Jailbreak anywhere, although thanks to prison break and people jailbreaking phones in the years that followed, it's impossible to search for.

I'd forgotten all about Holiday Showdown. That was a really big show at the time, and you're right about how contrived it all was, where boozy Ibiza-loving families would swap with a group of vegan Christians who took them to Africa to build toilets.

• Paid Members

Anybody remember Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents from a few years ago on BBC 3? A couple of friends and I were joking about a reverse version where the kids watch the parents on holiday and how traumatising it would become if they dwere to isappear off to the Red Light District in Amsterdam or fly out for some sex tourism in Thailand.

Archived