Happy Reality TV Show Memories

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

It seems extraordinary now to imagine a show like Something About Miriam even airing. The outrage over a show's sole point being to use a trans woman as a gotcha punchline would bring the satellites out of the sky in 2017. I remember watching old TV Burp clips a couple of years ago, and when Harry Hill was talking about the show, he'd do his sideways look to camera while dry heaving, to big laffs. It shows how quickly trans acceptance has moved on, because can you even imagine that happening now without Harry Hill being paraded through the streets while on fire?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They should have given them one of those Shafta awards with the fist and cock with "Gotcha" written along it at the end. And they should have done it with celebrities. Tom O'Connor sliding his hands down the knickers and suddenly Noel walks in with a camera crew as Tom shouts "hey up, what's this down here?"

• Paid Members

A trans Gotcha with Dangerous Danan and Gaffney would be amazing. Morally corrupt and so wrong but I'd watch it.

Calum Best as well.

Flip the format and do a season of The Bachelor, but they're all trans-women and he doesn't realise?

• Paid Members

Would Channel 4 go for the idea since Noel's working for them nowadays? Maybe we could pitch it as a segment in that Saturday Night Mrs Brown "light entertainment" show that the BBC are threatening to make.

Sounds awesome, The Experiment does. It's on YouTube here:

Will be watching that tonight.

just lost my Saturday to this, class stuff.

Why can't reality TV still be like that? Find some really well chosen people, fuck their shit right up, have a couple spods analyse their behaviour from some kind of broom cupboard filled with tiny tellies. Now that's TV

• Paid Members

Reality shows have turned into big con's where everyone knows the game. I was watching bits of I'm a Celebs first series a few weeks back on youtube, and its so unlike today. Now, you'll get someone off Geordie Shore or that girl of Goggle Box and they'll be all "I'll do this trial if you want, i'll go collect the logs, I'll clean the bog PUT ME ON CAMERA PLEASE! LET ME EAT THAT CAMEL COCK!" But in the first seasons they all looked baffled. It was the opposite. The Celebs were like "Rona's doing fuck all, when is she going to do a bit of work." Its such a battle for screen time now. Its all so desperate.

• Paid Members

It seems extraordinary now to imagine a show like Something About Miriam even airing. The outrage over a show's sole point being to use a trans woman as a gotcha punchline would bring the satellites out of the sky in 2017.

I think some of the guys on the show would be considered "dumb jocks". All of them were given hints that this shit wasn't above board, but still went through with it. Still dodgy subject matter though that nobody would touch now Draz, I agree.

That can't have been seen by very many folk if Nadia was in the closet for her BB run

Looking the show up on wiki, apparently one of the guys was featured in an art exhibit dedicated to people who believed their lives had been ruined by appearing on reality TV. id like to see that whole thing now. The exhibit, not this show

Also the guy who did the exhibit is called Phil Collins. Different one unfortunately but I double taked like mad reading that sentence

Archived