Who represents WCW to you?

Mr.E

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Schiavone for me, Clive. His fucking dreadful commentary elicit's fond memories of decades past. I only really got into WCW towards the death rattle though.

That's a really good shout actually, I'd consider him "the voice of WCW" or something to that degree. I thought Schiavone could be decent at times too.

Can't believe I didn't think of Bischoff either! 

Flair, Sting, Luger & Ron Simmons. That dates me, right?

It's weird. I suspect you must be about my generation (early 30s). There have been two distinct groups here; our group who remember ITV in the middle of the night in the early 90s and another whose main memory of WCW was Nitro on TNT. The difference in these products really is like night and day. I said earlier that I enjoyed Nitro at the time, and I really did, but I can't believe anyone who fell in love with early 90s WCW could possibly remember the later era with the same fondness.

Also, it is incompatible with my brain that whole swathes of fans seem to hear WCW and the first person that pops to mind is Billy Kidman!?

• Paid Members

Flair, Sting, Goldberg and DDP for me.

Whenever I think of the above 4 I always picture them in WCW. Although the NWO as a group stand out in my head when thinking of WCW, if someone said Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan to me, I'll still picture Diesel and Razor in their mid 90's WWF runs and Hulkamania running wild in the red and yellow.

There are other guys who are total WCW men, that I don't associate with other places, but they wouldn't pop into my head straight off the bat.

• Paid Members

Jesse Ventura & Tony Schiovane on commentary. Eric Bischoff between matches in the control room with the WCW Magazine updates. Sting feuding with Flair, Big Van Vader feuding with Cactus Jack (Lost in Cleveland) The Dangerous Alliance (Rude, Austin, Arn, Zbysko, Beautiful Bobby & Madusa) feuding with Barry Windham,"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Nikita Koloff. Flyin' Brian, Tom Zenk, Johnny B. Badd Vs Scotty Flamingo, Brad Armstrong, Tracy Smothers. Randy Starr, The Steiner Brothers feuding with Doctor Death Steve Williams & Terry Bamm Bamm Gordy over the tag belts. Kane & Kole (Harlem Heat). The Super Invader. Erik Watts being bloody awful. "WCW Magazine Rookie Of The Year"Marcus Alexander Bagwell, Diamond Dallas Page. Heavy Metal Van Hammer. Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin as the Fabulous Freebirds. Maxx Payne. "The Real Event" Saturday, MArch 13th from the GMEX in Manchester. The All American Ron Simmons. The Total Package Lex Luger.. "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright.

• Paid Members

The Hollywood Blondes. My favourite tag team ever.

Come on now Geoffrey, you can't have the Blondes. Because that's saying "Steve Austin" is WCW when CLEARLY he's WWF, even you think "Stone Cold" before "Stunning" surely??

Archived