Who represents WCW to you?

Mr.E

Buff Bagwell and Booker T, as their crap match on Raw was the first WCW match I'd ever seen. Being an easily brainwashed WWF fan, I could rightly see it for the second rate shite it was, just like I'd always been told.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invasion time was probably the worst of WCW anyway. You have a few guys left, but it was all being booked by WWE (who saw WCW as inferior anyway ) and a lot of the top guys weren't about etc.

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend going back to check out some WCW stuff on the network (like mid 96 onwards) as it was the, in my opinion, superior show for a fair amount of time. 

How did this reach the sixth post before Lex Luger was mentioned? He and Sting were WCW. Then the Horsemen and the Steiners. Everyone else was just a guest in their house.

How did this reach the sixth post before Lex Luger was mentioned? He and Sting were WCW. Then the Horsemen and the Steiners. Everyone else was just a guest in their house.

YES, Luger is the man. Really underrated, I always thought as well, although only ever seemed to connect with the fans in WCW. Sting is my favourite wrestler of all time, so I have time for his best mate as well.

• Paid Members

Sting. He was called "The Franchise" for a reason (Shane Douglas can cock off). No matter what period of WCW you look back on, Sting was there. Invasion doesn't count as that was just a watered down version, and WCW proper was dead as soon as WWE had bought it.

Mysterio, Kidman and The Radicalz for me. When I used to watch it at my Grandad's house on a Friday on Channel 5 these were the guys he popped for. I've always liked watching massive roided up headcases like Sid, Goldberg and Kronik beat seven shades of shit out of each other but it bored him to tears so any of the smaller guys matches around '99 sit fondly with me as I'm instantly transported to that brown sofa and they encompass the product of the time for me.

Lightning Foot Jerry Flynn. Goldberg's nemesis

The Block was the shit in late 99. Probably one of Russo's greatest ideas during his run there.

Here's who represents WCW for me

Main Eventers: Bill Goldberg, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Sting, Diamond Dallas Page

Although all those named lads would end up in WWE (or worked there before in Lex's case), those are the blokes who I think represent WCW's main event scene.

Mid carders: Brad Armstrong, Glacier, Ernest Miller, Kanyon, my mother fucking boy Alex Wright, Disco Inferno, Lodi, Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, Konnan, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton

WCW had a strong midcard. These lads will forever represent that to me whenever I see them.

Tag Teams: Harlem Heat, Faces of Fear

Cruiserweights: La Parka, Kidman, Juventud Guerrera, Lenny Lane, Vilanos, Super Calo, Prince Ieaukuaohicantapellhisname, Lash LaRoux

The likes of Booker T, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio have washed the WCW smell off them by having successful careers in WWE.

Plenty mentioned I agree with - notably Sting and Flair. But I'd throw Bischoff's hat into the ring too. From whether it was launching Nitro and signing Hogan, through to the height of the NWO, through various relaunches, and finally even ringing into the show in early 2001 when he was trying to buy the thing.

For me, Bischoff is WCW.

Archived