Who represents WCW to you?

Mr.E

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growing up watching late night WCW on ITV makes the following quite high up my list when I think WCW...

Joey Maggs

The State Patrol

Reno Riggins

White Lightning Tim Horner

Allen Iron Eagle

Felt like I saw more of these than the main wrestlers... well, apart from Tom Zenk

• Paid Members

The Hollywood Blondes. My favourite tag team ever.

Come on now Geoffrey, you can't have the Blondes. Because that's saying "Steve Austin" is WCW when CLEARLY he's WWF, even you think "Stone Cold" before "Stunning" surely??

I remember how much I hated their dastardly heelishness when I wasn't as "smart" with great nostalgia. Nowadays I revisit their matches to remember how well they pulled off their dastardly heelishness. I'm still waiting with baited breath for those early 90s episodes of Worldwide to turn up on t'Network. 1986 NWA squash match hour is nice and all, but I want to revisit the likes of Vader "breaking Joe Thurman's back", Sting wrestling a squash match against "Mercenary number one" where all he does is stick a headlock on for three minutes which he manages to keep hold of in spite of all the back suplexes etc until he gets bored and sends him for a Stinger Splash then a Scorpion Death Lock, and the much vaunted "Computer Contender's Challenge"

Gary Michael Capetta screaming "THE ZEEEEEEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAN!" as Zenk heads on down. I used to love the hyperbole Capetta would put into the superstar intros, then "His opponent, currently in the ring Randy Starr." in a very matter of fact fashion.

Archived