WOOOR YOU LIKE Great and Woeful Relatives EH?

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

His navigational skills are put to the test even in the most basic of exercises on his phone. On a friends facebook post about his upcoming snowboarding holiday, he abstractly wrote "R.I.P Tupac. What a legend".

That's the best thing I've read in a long, long time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

One more for "Egghead" - the day he put a cotton bud in his ear, forgot about it and left it in for an hour, then jumped on his bed headfirst to the pillow and burst his eardrum. 

My dad did something similar, but he answered the phone rather than jump on a bed. He was in his late 40s at the time.

• Moderators

My mam went on ancestry or whatever and found out we're distantly related to Myra Hindley. Being the type of older lady who enjoys a good murder doc or book or serial she thought it was GREAT NEWS. 

One of the girls I went to uni with would tell us how her mum once got followed by the Yorkshire ripper one night when she got off the bus and was walking home, a friend pulled over and offered her a lift which she accepted as she had clocked him and realised she was being followed.

The daughter makes out like the mum is thrilled by this encounter, which she may well be. 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:29 AM, Liam O'Rourke said:

I will share some stories about one of my wife's brothers, who the family affectionately refer to as "egghead".

He's not a bad person at heart, but for a functioning adult, some of the things that he does are so stupid it defies belief. He was once sent to the shop on an emergency run to purchase toilet roll and a can of Diet Coke. He returned with a pint of milk and a loaf of Hovis. "I can't wipe my arse with this, can I?", was the response he got at home, to which he replied "WELL I DON'T KNOW DO I?"

He was once given the advice to buy a Toy Story boxset for his Dad for Christmas one year, since he loves the films. Egghead does too. So he went to HMV, made his purchase, bought it home and said, "This wasn't the price you said it would be". He then pulled it out of the bag. It was the Lion King. It was Christmas Eve, so he had no choice but to wrap and gift it, and it was met with a Savio Vega at No Way Out pop on the big day, since his Dad has never even seen the Lion King and isn't exactly the Disney type to begin with.

He was very excited to go to Wembley Stadium for the first time in his life with his mates a couple of years ago to watch Man City play. He paid for the tickets and a train from the Midlands to London. As he and his mates arrived at the station after a few beers on the train, the massive horde of people proceeded to move to Wembley Stadium. For those who don't know if you've never been, it's a straight line from Point A to Point B, impossible to fuck up. Well, somehow he got separated from his friends in the mass of humanity, and the straight line must have been too much to handle. He somehow wound up back on the train he just got off, the tube train, which he then sat on and rode around London again and again for seven straight hours. He spent the whole time not knowing where the fuck he was, until a conductor finally noticed he'd been riding around London aimlessly and asked if he needed any help. The family to this day doesn't understand how he made it home.

His navigational skills are put to the test even in the most basic of exercises on his phone. On a friends facebook post about his upcoming snowboarding holiday, he abstractly wrote "R.I.P Tupac. What a legend".

We all had baited breath when he went on his first holiday to Greece with the same friends he lost at Wembley. Sure as shit, on his first night there he got drunk off his arse, lost his friends and fell asleep in a car park, where he got his wallet, money and passport stolen since he had it all on him, then got bitten relentlessly by mosquitos and caught sunstroke to add injury to insult. He had to ask the family to wire him money so he could eat for the rest of the trip, and somehow ended his holiday being chased by a pipe-wielding gang of Arabic folks.

He's a trainwreck. I've long since believed he has had some kind of undiagnosed ADHD his whole life, but he has a laundry list of stories like this.

Just read this Liam and thoroughly enjoyed it, asking for you to do a whole podcast on it might be a bit much but feel free to share any other gems. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Not to clog up the other thread with more Thunderbirds chat - but I remembered earlier that for some bizarre reason my old man hung my old Thunderbirds duvet cover up on the wall at his wedding reception a few years ago. Here’s the best picture I can find 

854E6DE7-A3C4-4DAE-81C7-11141325A167.thumb.jpeg.f3f8b2a8bde309b28f663ff7fb56d93b.jpeg

Presumably there was some Farming Simulator merch on the top table