WWE Backlash 2016 *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking more about it, Roadblock in December is a bloody pain in the arse. There will have been 2 Roadblock events in 2016. That's a pain in the arse when using the events as a reference.

Still not as bad as 2010 where you had 3 Money In The Bank winners.

Jack Swagger at Wrestlemania 26, then 3 months later, Miz and Kane both win MITB contracts at the inaugural MITB PPV.

I'd say having two Roadblock 2016s is likely to cause more confusion more frequently, but then it's unlikely anyone's going to spend much time referring to either show in the years to come anyway.

So looks like theyre going with just the 6 man announced card. I imagine a couple of matches will be added on the fly to flesh it out. I guess Corbin v Kalisto and maybe something involving Kane?

Few bits of potential for decent happenings on the show and im looking forward to watching it after work tomorrow, they desperately need to flesh out the Smackdown roster if theyre going to do these PPVs every month mind

• Paid Members

It's the least interesting PPV in as long as I can remember. The saving grace for these shows would be if they were 2 hours long like the original in your house shows. But no doubt they'll be at least three and beefed up with the types of segments/skits that make us fast forward half of Raw and Smackdown each week.

It's the least interesting PPV in as long as I can remember. The saving grace for these shows would be if they were 2 hours long like the original in your house shows. But no doubt they'll be at least three and beefed up with the types of filler "workrate" matches that go on forever that make us fast forward half of Raw and Smackdown each week.

Fixed.

Roadblock for late December is shite.  They should've gone with Season's Beatings.

Dunno, I think every E-fed I was ever in had that as the name for their December "PPV" back in the day.
I always liked "Backslash" for an e-fed PPV.

The Paedogeddon Chamber was our best one. Hope someone still has the write up.

Anybody see anyone other than Becky win the Smackdown Women's belt?

It wouldn't suprise me if they put it on Nikki Bella just to get a reaction out of the Internet fans, but I'm hopeful of a Becky win.

I'm also fairly sure that Dean is dropping the belt tonight. You can't have AJ Styles, whose been possibly the best wrestler this year, come off that fantastic Summerslam match against Cena and come up short for the for the third time in less than six months

I can't help but feel that this is just a case of a terrible build-to-card ratio. On paper, this show should be great. Two new championships, a decent upper midcard match between Orton and Wyatt, a solid midcard contest between two guys who theoretically mean more now than they have in ages, and a main event pitting two very technically sound talents against one another for the most prestigious title in the company.

Yet instead, it's a muddled tournament finals, a clusterfuck of a six-way, a thrown-together IC match that feels like it devalues both guys, a match that feels like we've seen it on several Raws before and a main event based around 'I want to hurt your balls'.

• Paid Members

I can't help but feel it's partly down to only being 3 weeks after Summerslam. Similar to in the late 00's when on occasion you'd have three PPVs in 5 weeks, the shows just became a blur

You suggesting that more weeks of this shite weekly would have helped?

Archived