WWE Backlash 2016 *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

The "suggested accounts" list shows equivalents for every other woman on the roster.

Clearly WWE's Twitter-led Women's Revolution involves a lot of talking out of their arses.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's the pay off to the Miz and Bryan stuff. Everything about the way this is booked at the minute would ordinarily scream that Bryan would come out of retirement and twat the Miz.

But obviously that can't happen. I loved someone's idea of bringing Kendrick in as that doesn't make Bryan look weak. It's giving a 'real wrestler' one last chance at the expense of a 'coward' like Miz.

If you were to put someone like Joe or Nakamura in the spot it would just scream "I'm going to get one of my hard friends to beat you up because I can't".

It's actually fascinating where this is going. 

Between the pre-match bit with Bryan and then Miz beating the shit out of Ziggler in the early stages, I was buying into the idea Dolph was winning. I was very relieved that he didn't, but man, what a match! Might be my favourite match either of them have had, and definitely my fave match of the night.

Took me surprise a bit that one too, I mean it was obvious they weren't gonna wheel out a 5 minute match for this show but it was really good, Miz channelling all Bryan's moves was brilliant.

Loved the Slater/Rhyno/Renee segment backstage.

On the talk about AJ being one of three to win both the NWA and WWE Titles, when you consider that the WWE World Title is supposed to be a combination of the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight Title, Christian only misses out on a technicality.

Lots to enjoy but I was starting to get really annoyed by all the pin break-ups in the women's Elimination match.

This kind of thing annoys me too. Worst is in battle royals when someone's about to get dumped over the ropes until someone - not even an ally of any sort - interrupts. At least in a Six Pack Challenge you can feebly put it down to a wrestler's instinct taking over, or something.

I just see it that they want to be the one to make the elimination themselves, rather than sit back and let someone else do it.

Depends how it's done. When pinning someone you are vulnerable to being attacked, so if one wrestler doesn't think it is going to be a three count it makes sense for them to attack and take control. Pefect example was Bliss dropping some knees across Naomi's stomach when she was in a bridge. If that bridge isn't going to secure a pinfall it makes sense for Bliss to cause a fair amount of damage to Naomi

Archived