WWE Backlash 2016 *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Moderators

I don't think WWE would use December To Dismember again as it would remind everyone of their worst PPV ever.  It probably knocked KOTR '95 into the second worst PPV slot.

IYH 4 is worse than KOTR 95. IYH 12 is too. December really is a shit month for the WWF.

The NFL playoff picture is becoming clear then, so I wouldn't try too hard either to be honest if everyone's going to be watching that on a Sunday.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Before the WWE PPV, I used to use December to Dismember a lot on EWR. It was a friend that suggested it to me as I just used to use random swear words. 

KFW (Kick Fuck Wrestling) presents CUNT, live on PPV! 

Let's say my mate was more creative than I was. Still is! 

• Paid Members

Furthermore, the little ad for it before Network videos shows it as "BACK ASH" before the "L" swings into place. No idea why, but that irritates me.

Throw back to the old Backlash set with the swinging arm type efforts near the entrance?

WWF used 'Seasons Beatings' too I think, when in 96 they went back and subtitled all the original IYHs for neatness when they released them on VHS (I think?) outside of the US and UK. 'Great White North' and 'Triple Header' were used for 4 and 3 respectively too.

I'm excited for this. Seeing how single-brand PPVs used to be pretty shit on the whole this doesn't look too bad at all. The short build since Summerslam is the only thing really taking away from a decent card.

Heath & Rhyno should get great reactions on the night presumably against refreshed heel Usos, more than in facing the babyface Hype Bros and the what-the-fuck Headbangers. So glad Usos now in this role and hopefully that means that pain in the arse "Eyy when we say USE!" shit is done for. They've been some of the most annoying unlikeable faces in the company for a while now. Good in-ring guys though generally and an AA feud is the logical way to go, on the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing Heath get his contract either. 

Not sure what to think of the Orton/Wyatt thing. It does hurt Orton a little bit in my eyes how little he's mentioned Lesnar since he got beat down, obviously we all know why, but he should be seething. Wyatt, I was excited when he was picked for new-look Smackdown, I was excited when he abandoned Rowan, but agree with rick totally on the guy. Though he's far from the easiest character to write for, by this point surely they can do better than just the same ol' ~eerie~ segments and vague monologues

Becky Lynch should be winning that title, absolutely no question. If Eva was in the match I'd say "or her" but no one else has near that heat. Actually a missed opportunity to not put this in the Chamber, really. We haven't had one in a while and it would've given this some real gravitas. If women and men are portrayed as equals now, dust off one of the cages for them once in a while - this would've been a good stage to do it.

Miz and Ziggler will happen.. Miz will win by holding the tights or something and I reckon Ziggler must flip out and turn on somebody soon, surely just a matter of time. He can't be the aimless nearly-man face forever, or for much longer even.

AJ with the Summerslam momentum going for the belt is not something I've needed a huge amount of build for. This should be Ambrose's best match in a long ol' time, at least since the Royal Rumble, and I expect AJ to leave with the belt.

I'm normally super pumped for ppvs- make a night of it, get a few beers in etc- but every 2 weeks is just too much.

I'll certainly watch the main event, but it will be more like watching raw than a big event. I'm sure the match will be superb, but just overwhelmed with content!

Raw being three hours kills ppvs for me,especially now they are obsessed with quantity over quality. NXT two hours ish shows with not matches that matter is more my thing than this were you have tag teams on double duty to pan out the card

Roadblock for late December is shite.  They should've gone with Season's Beatings.

Dunno, I think every E-fed I was ever in had that as the name for their December "PPV" back in the day.

I always liked "Backslash" for an e-fed PPV.

Archived