WWE Backlash 2016 *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Flicked through it this morning. Glad I did, seems their answer to only having six matches was to make then really long.

Fucking Kane.

Think all the other results were right. Delighted for AJ, he's been a revelation. What a shame he spent so many years tossing about in TNA. Didn't think he had the ring work to be a top guy in NJPW, proved wrong. Never considered he had the confidence on the stick to be a top guy in WWE. Proved wrong. The guy's just brilliant.

I look forward to his feud with Kane.

• Paid Members

AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura hold the three main titles in WWE and NXT. Who in their wildest dreams would've predicted this a year ago?

AJ winning the WWE title is both brilliant yet surreal. He was probably my first foray into indy wrestling some 14 years ago and I've been a keen follower since. He's the one I thought would never end up here, it was too late etc. But Christ, he's been a revelation. So many claimed he was the best in the world after last year, this year has surely cemented this.

RIM (if it were still going, or is it?) should change their tagline to 'Where Harley Race laces AJ Styles' boots'.

Wyatt versus Kane then?

Good fucking lord.

You're probably right though.

:(

Well, that did Bray the world of good didn't it?

I haven't watched the show and I don't think I ever will, but it's good to read that Bray Wyatt put the young up and comer Kane over. It's not like he needed that win to make him a credible heel or anything.

Jesus Christ, WWE...

Well, as much as I agree with the general principle, Bray did beat Kane on his debut and that didn't exactly turn him into Steve Austin. Assuming Bray will beat him back on Tuesday and this will be considered the one off "replacement always goes over when we've dropped a bollock" move that WWE traditionally makes.

Also, it wasn't as simple as 'Kane beat Bray'. Randy Orton, his current active feud, cost him the match.

The narrative coming out of it isn't 'Bray lost', it's 'Randy cost him', and is an easy way of continuing their feud.

The only reason it stands out that he lost this one is that they've spent ages having him lose matches he actually does need to win. In a vacuum, last nights booking makes perfect sense.

On another note, their match wasn't completely terrible. Which is a huge step up from Brays PPV debut, where they had the worst match in the history of everything ever. So, there's that.

• Paid Members

A shockingly enjoyable show this. Similair to what happened with Mizdow, Heath Slater was given a glimmer of an opportunity and he has made the absolute most of it. Unlike Sandow they paid it off with a genuine feelgood moment. Some great booking.

Think AJ Styles has eclipsed even his most ardent supporters expectations in WWE. It just couldn't have gone better for him. Really good match.

Archived