Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

She's deliberately broken the rules. Regardless of the circumstances, that isn't wise.

Could be a case of breaking the rules is better for your long term health. WWE are probably thinking short term and saying "You'll be fine, love. Just see our Dr Nick".

• Moderators

Yeah. I'd say fair play to her if she feels the company doesn't have her best interests at heart and she's gotta worry about her health long-term, not just some pointless tick in a box that is the wellness policy. WWE doesn't really give a shit about the well-being of their talent, just their public image. That should be pretty obvious to all of us by now.

Yeah. I'd say fair play to her if she feels the company doesn't have her best interests at heart and she's gotta worry about her health long-term, not just some pointless tick in a box that is the wellness policy. WWE doesn't really give a shit about the well-being of their talent, just their public image. That should be pretty obvious to all of us by now.

I don't believe that. I think it's more 50/50 than they just don't give a shit. If that was the case, then they wouldn't have forced their most popular wrestler to retire. They'd have forced him to wrestle 250 matches a year and keep falling on his head from great heights so people would chant yes and buy goat masks.

Wasnt the WWE docs are shite thing pretty much the reason CM Punk quit, due to wrestling with Staph inflection and the ones who pissed off Daniel Bryan because of the too many concussions so you cant wrestle, yet other docs saying he was fine?

Having Brock flout the rules because of 'part time' status has to really fuck things up and would cause massive dissention. You do the leg work, and follow our rules or else you are fired, but you can go part time and do what the fuck you want?

FWIW, it has appeared Paige has been looking for a get out for a bit, life changes and once you have reached the pinnacle of what you wanted to do at such an early age, there isnt a lot of impetus to keep going especially if you are in pain alot of the time or think that there is more to life.

It is worth remembering though that just because she has two failed drug tests, it doesn't mean she's a crackhead that needs rehab.

If the rule that going to rehab takes a strike off is true then she does need to go to rehab, even if it is to remove a strike rather than deal with an addiction. One more fail and she will be released, so that is going to prevent her from being featured in a prominent role. They can't push someone who could be out the door at one more failed piss test. Without rehab she could be phased out until it doesn't matter if she goes

• Paid Members

Has there been any major health issues since its been put into place or any thats slipped through the net with severe consequences?

Genuinely a discussion point. 

Benoit for one.

Since the Wellness was brought in I meant? I didn't think it was around that long? 

It was around for 18 months by the time Benoit died. And he had a T:E ratio of 59:1 when autopsied. If the Wellness policy wasn't a joke at the time, he should have been caught & suspended - but he wasn't. Anything above a 6:1 ratio is a failed test.

Also, 11 of the early Wellness Policy suspensions came for the government investigation of Signature Pharmacy, not from drug test failures. So these guys were using and either not being tested, or passing the tests. Not much of a policy.

It's a lot more serious now, but in the earlier years it was a joke.

Has there been any major health issues since its been put into place or any thats slipped through the net with severe consequences?

Genuinely a discussion point. 

Benoit for one.

Since the Wellness was brought in I meant? I didn't think it was around that long? 

It was around for 18 months by the time Benoit died. And he had a T:E ratio of 59:1 when autopsied. If the Wellness policy wasn't a joke at the time, he should have been caught & suspended - but he wasn't. Anything above a 6:1 ratio is a failed test.

Also, 11 of the early Wellness Policy suspensions came for the government investigation of Signature Pharmacy, not from drug test failures. So these guys were using and either not being tested, or passing the tests. Not much of a policy.

It's a lot more serious now, but in the earlier years it was a joke.

:thumbsup: Cheers. Didn't know any of that, I assumed it was brought in after his death, my memory is shit. 

• Moderators

Im sure she could have found alternative therapy for her injury that would not have caused this to happen but it appears to me that she is being rebellious and is perhaps looking to create an issue that is on the whole un necessary.

Just leaving this here for one of the most stupid things I've ever seen here.

Alternative therapy for a neck injury? Like what? Homeo? When I pissed my upper back playing rugvy and tried the bullshit of chiro and acupuncture I still needed painkillers. Because Alternative therapy is bullshit and a massive work.

And then rebellion? Being rebellious? Rebelling against who? Because lord knows if I was going to rebel I would do it with painkillers and failing a test for them like you said instead of saying "fuck you" and going home or putting a rolled five pound note or chopped maccys straw up my nose and looking at a mirror. That's rebellion, painkillers.

Fucking fuck me.

Edited by PowerButchi