Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

Oi oi oi! OOOOSHH!

I remember that! You then wiped your japs eye with a dock leaf for hygiene purposes but gave me more blisters because of some rogue nettle that was attached to the leaf.

I remember, because the night before you had me buried into a plethora of pink, dark orifices with the texture of a slug and one in particular, stank like Plockton Harbour,

Nah I doubt I even shaked it properly as I was in such a hurry to put it away. There wasn't enough time to wipe it on a dock leaf.

Also why would my bellend have a wider vocabulary than me? Unless your mom has a thesaurus tattooed on the inside of her vagina?

• Paid Members

Thommo: Yeah, having arrived in Singapore I find there's lots to do. We're only here until Friday so we've decided to do a bunch of stuff in Sentosa tomorrow, do Gardens by the Bay today and fit Universal in somewhere and Mustafas one evening.

Simon: No. Vietnam was on the shortlist but it just didn't work out. Would like to go someday.

• Paid Members

I'm so bored. Anybody else like that? I see the same people, same things all the time. I'm getting older now (37) and feel at a crossroads. I'm so conflicted. Mumzie is getting older too. Can't bare that.

I'd love to go on holiday myself. I'd love to go to Germany. I could get by with the language. Anybody got any experiences? Please don't say any bad things to ruin my fantasy eh? lol

Edited by bAzTNM#1

In terms of Germany, Berlin is great. I've been there a couple of times for festivals but I find its one of the few places I've been to where the history is really staring you in the face. If you're into ww2, Cold War or general 20th century history it's a great place to amble around in and get lost in time. Never done any official tours or museums either but I know there are loads.

Theres also excellent beer, nightlife (the tech house scene is dope) and the burgers from Rebel Room burger stand are some of the best I've ever eaten.

Relatively cheap too. Stay in a hostel and fly Ryanair and you'll have loads of spending money!

• Awards Moderator

Hamburg is pretty nice. I went in the middle of winter so it was very cold and icy, but still good to walk around. The centre is very nice, great art gallery, quite a few surviving old buildings, the Hafen City at the harbour is cool (plus it has the Spice Museum which is not sexy stuff but is actually about spices), then you have the Reeperbahn which is the spot to go to for drinks and nightlife but also has the Beatles Museum which I loved.

• Paid Members

I'm so bored. Anybody else like that? I see the same people, same things all the time. I'm getting older now (37) and feel at a crossroads. I'm so conflicted. Mumzie is getting older too. Can't bare that.

Yes I had that a while ago, so I fucked off from where I was and moved to London. It was fairly easy to do as a single man with no kids, but obviously that might be harder if you've got more responsibilities.It was also decision made easier because I didn't like my job. It's the best decision I've ever made though. 

• Paid Members

Yes I had that a while ago, so I fucked off from where I was and moved to London. It was fairly easy to do as a single man with no kids, but obviously that might be harder if you've got more responsibilities.It was also decision made easier because I didn't like my job. It's the best decision I've ever made though

Goes without saying, really. Ignore the naysayers!

Yes I had that a while ago, so I fucked off from where I was and moved to London. It was fairly easy to do as a single man with no kids, but obviously that might be harder if you've got more responsibilities.It was also decision made easier because I didn't like my job. It's the best decision I've ever made though. 

This is good to read. I've just handed in my notice to do the exact same thing.