Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

The local newspaper had a courts round up, this one had me laughing.

SmartSelect_20180614-115150_Facebook.jpg

Was that in "The Star"? My mate was on about it and couldn't stop laughing...

• Moderators

Downvote me to Hades if this is inappropriately shilly, but it's relevant to this place at least. If anyone's interested, and didn't see me hawking these about on Twitter, I wrote a trilogy of longform pieces dissecting three of Hulk Hogan's attempts at acting/Hollywood's attempts at turning a man who looks like this

xjlcmBE.jpg

into a romantic lead

No Holds Barred, aka the Madness of King Vince

That time he brought all his WCW mates on Baywatch

Thunder in Paradise

Ā 

SEE YOU IN HELL

6 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Downvote me to Hades if this is inappropriately shilly, but it's relevant to this place at least. If anyone's interested, and didn't see me hawking these about on Twitter, I wrote a trilogy of longform pieces dissecting three of Hulk Hogan's attempts at acting/Hollywood's attempts at turning a man who looks like this

xjlcmBE.jpg

into a romantic lead

No Holds Barred, aka the Madness of King Vince

That time he brought all his WCW mates on Baywatch

Thunder in Paradise

Ā 

SEE YOU IN HELL

I don't think I could ever tire of you writing about Hulk Hogan, Draz. There's so many great quotes in there I can't even choose what to C&PĀ without bringingĀ half of the content over. Outstanding stuff.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, John Matrix said:

I didn't really know where else to share this, I tried in vain to find that old artwork thread we had knocking around, but alas...

I've had a bit of time between commissions this weekend, and wanted to try something different. Ā Usually its cutouts on a static background and a bit of colouring to suit. Ā This is the first time i've taken on a project like this, as in a full on composition, telling a story,Ā and i'm really happy with how it turned out.

There's about 13 separate images pulled together to create this, which is why I normally steer clear - getting them to blend seamlessly etc is time consuming and frankly, a pain in the arse, but i'm really happy with how this turned out, so giving myself a rare pat on the back.

All In Cody Vs Aldis.jpg

Nice bit of publicity for you from Digital Spy including the NWA tweet in their article on the event today.Ā http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/wwe/interviews/a859820/nwa-nick-aldis-all-in-cody-rhodes-tna-impact-wwe-young-bucks-billy-corgan/

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Nice bit of publicity for you from Digital Spy including the NWA tweet in their article on the event today.Ā http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/wwe/interviews/a859820/nwa-nick-aldis-all-in-cody-rhodes-tna-impact-wwe-young-bucks-billy-corgan/

Blimey!Ā  Thanks for that chief, that's pretty cool.Ā  Is that a decent site? One that's likely to receive a bit of traffic?Ā  Since I only ever look at Twitter, UKFF or email, I honestly couldn't tell you, the internet is fucking wasted on me lads.

22 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

Blimey!Ā  Thanks for that chief, that's pretty cool.Ā  Is that a decent site? One that's likely to receive a bit of traffic?Ā  Since I only ever look at Twitter, UKFF or email, I honestly couldn't tell you, the internet is fucking wasted on me lads.

It's one of the largest entertainment sites in the UK, Alexa ranks it just outside the top 2000 worldwide and #155 for UK traffic (that's visitors from the UK, not just UK based sites)Ā https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/digitalspy.comĀ they claim 19 million unique users a month, so you know, not bad....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I canā€™t find which thread now, but there was a bit of chat on here recently about peoples most successful tweets in terms of engagement, likes etc.

Ralph Macchio kindly RTā€™d this for me yesterday

https://twitter.com/LetsBeWater/status/1012360381237547008

My notifications went ballistic, and as you can see, itā€™s had over 200 likes since.

Sadly, however, that pales into insignificance when compared with my ACTUAL most popular tweet, which is, well.... this.

05DE0E72-5226-4AB7-8DCA-A2F96BB01473.jpeg

• Paid Members

I replied to a Trump tweet once, I can't even remember what it said or exactly how many likes and comments it got (is there a way to check?) but I do remember that my at the time brand new S7 Edge couldn't handle the constant notifications. There was another one that nearly melted down my phone that was in reply to Milo Yianopolous that had a similar reaction though I'm less proud of that one as it was during my very brief, "the regressive left!" phase.

Has anybody bought a Magnum ice lolly this year? The fucking size of them. Barely any bigger than a choc ice. Even bought one from a second shop on the off-chance I'd picked up a smaller version before. Nah, and they're still overpriced. Fucking Magnums.

Any recommendations for other ice lollies?Ā 

• Paid Members

I've seen people with small Magnums and just assumed they were mini ones, like other ice creams do in the multi packs.

If they're all now that size then the world can fuck off.

• Paid Members

Went to a new pizza place, and one of the options was pancetta andĀ mashed potato.

Friend ordered it out of morbid curiosity. At one point, other friend chimes up with, "I don't see anything weird about it, it's just like having mashed potato sandwiches".

That's not a thing, right?