Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, John Matrix said:

My joy was short-lived however, as it immediately became clear that what i'd actually clocked was a little excess towel draped over my back.

You're a great man, Colonel. A great, wonderful man.

If you take Ashwagandha, Maca, Red Ginseng and 50mg of Zinc a day (Take the first three only five days of the week as they're adaptogens) it makes your horn a bit more bulbous. I swear by the combo. I went to see John Digweed a month ago and when I went to the trough to have a widdle I didn't even have the dreaded pill willy (those who know, know).

• Paid Members

Irn Bru changing recipe considering I have a tattoo of them is bloody worrying if I don't like the new one. 

In less panicking about nothing news however I had a complete nosedive last night in which I ended up in hospital being assessed by mental health this morning. Had been keeping way too much bottled up and in turn actually made myself worse when it all finally fell apart. Should finally be getting help now. Am home safely at present and resting but realising just how messed my brain actually has become is terrifying. Genuinely thought I could control what was beginning to get me down again. 

Anyone got experience of living with their in-laws? The wife and I have been trying to save for a house deposit for a while now and have been getting nowhere so are moving in with her parents next weekend so that we can do some proper saving to get a deposit together.

Now I get on with her parents but am already thinking that her mum is going to be quite annoying and overbearing  (she's already started asking how much we plan to save each month and telling us how much she thinks we could/should save). So anyone else lived with their in laws before? If so, how was it? Did they give you your own time and space? Etc.

On 05/01/2018 at 10:05 PM, Divorced Dad said:

Anyone got experience of living with their in-laws? The wife and I have been trying to save for a house deposit for a while now and have been getting nowhere so are moving in with her parents next weekend so that we can do some proper saving to get a deposit together.

Now I get on with her parents but am already thinking that her mum is going to be quite annoying and overbearing  (she's already started asking how much we plan to save each month and telling us how much she thinks we could/should save). So anyone else lived with their in laws before? If so, how was it? Did they give you your own time and space? Etc.

I live with my mother in law and father in law. My father in law is great and I don' really have anything negative to say about him, but my mother in law does rub me up the wrong way. The woman has terrible habits and is honestly one of the laziest people I've ever come across. We don't really speak much as I've pulled her up on things like putting unwashed utensils back in the cupboards because she can' be arsed to wash them, spending a small fortune on a daily basis on crap from the pound shop that just lies in the kitchen cupboards - the list could go on.

I didn't really know my mother in law before moving in with her, I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. My advice to you and your wife is to make sure you continue to pay die care and attention to your relationship cos having others around is a strain - you get little alone time. Me and husband try to go out and do something just the two of us at least once a week, even if you are trying to save money, you'll need it.

• Paid Members

DO WE HAVE NO HEROES LEFT.... 

On a scale of 1 - 10, how awful is it that I pissed myself when I read that? It's "your lot" that did me. Not because I champion his comments or love racists, just out of the sheer fucking mentalness that a) people still talk like that in this day and age and b) people with any sort of profile are stupid enough to fucking do so even if they think it

Edited by John Matrix

• Paid Members

Why were they using climbing frames? Was it just a kick-a-bout down the rec?

Everything about that story is strange. They’ve made it look like he’s just shouting abuse at a couple of lads on a climbing frame while he hides behind a Mazda. Also, I’ve met Peter a few times, one of those times he forgot how to say hello and it just came out as ‘hrrrm’, so stringing sentences together is suspicious.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Moderators

I spent most of yesterday chuckling at this prank caller to The Wright Stuff. Watch this short clip all the way through and marvel at it.

Getting on twice in a row like that is the greatest achievement in prank call history. Pranks like this generally are the lowest form of wit, but the sheer pomposity of Wright, with his tawdry little show for morons, and utterly helpless rage ("Whoooa!") make this a classic. I particularly love the overly moralistic playing up of the caller's 'foul mouth', and the "Right. Right," like a teacher who can't control the class and just got another spitball to the back.

Supposedly, Sharon Goodman/Goodmaid is this chap's ex-wife, and he repeatedly calls in, knowing she's watching, but that feels like an amusing fictional backstory to give the calls more colour. I imagine some tabloid would have tracked her down within 5 seconds if she were real. As you can tell from Wright's reaction above, he's been at it for a while, as evidenced by an earlier appearance back in November.

There's so much to enjoy here. From the "I don't know what else we can do," to the idea he's robbing someone else of the chance to speak, on such topics as "Foxy Knoxy: Would Ya?" After this, I fell down a bit of a Wright Show prank call rabbithole, and came upon this.

I can't stand the FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY meme, but the fact that it's this idiot, and he asks him to repeat it (and nobody cuts him off before he does!) is just incredible. As that first tweet has now been seen well over a million times, I imagine every other caller to The Wright Stuff will be commenting on that bitch Sharon Goodman until he really is taken off the air.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the Sharon Goodman or Goodmaid bit more than I should. If it doesn't become a running gag like YouShoots Batistas cock I'll be so disappointed in this country. I'd love to see more people taking up the task of this, just for the look on his face when someone during a phone in on giving police guns says 'I don't think the police should be armed, but I would like to know Mathew's opinion of Sharon Goodman' before hanging up.