Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The other night I started watching the Tommy Wiseau film The Room.

Ā 

Last night my missus watched Room, theĀ multi-award winning drama about the woman raising her son whilst captive in a room.

Ā 

Neither of us realised that we'd watched different films to each other, leading to possibly the most confusing conversation ever.

• Paid Members

The other night I started watching the Tommy Wiseau film The Room.

Ā 

Last night my missus watched Room, theĀ multi-award winning drama about the woman raising her son whilst captive in a room.

Ā 

Neither of us realised that we'd watched different films to each other, leading to possibly the most confusing conversation ever.

Ā 

The best way to watch The Roomā€‹ is at the cinema. The heckling and high-jinks is what makes it entertaining. The film itself is beyond shit.

I'd been trying to get my misses to watch The Room for a while, took her a bit to get her head around that it wasn't the film she'd already seen at the cinema and in fact the beyond shit lump of gold that it is.

We had to watch it in instalments because she couldn't take it.

I'd recommend Greg Sestero's book 'The Disaster Artist' for getting a real insight into the whole thing

• Paid Members

BTW I saw an episode of Voyager on repeat a few months ago, and I noticed that one of the main episode characters was played by Jonathan Banks/Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad - and he looks a lot like Tommy Wiseau in it.

Ā 

jon-banks.png?w=650

• Paid Members

BTW I saw an episode of Voyager on repeat a few months ago, and I noticed that one of the main episode characters was played by Jonathan Banks/Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad - and he looks a lot like Tommy Wiseau in it.

Ā 

jon-banks.png?w=650

There are a few Breaking Bad characters who have appeared in Star Trek. Tuco was in one.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

jon-banks.png?w=650

There are a few Breaking Bad characters who have appeared in Star Trek. Tuco was in one.

Ā 

Ā 

Loads of people from other TV have appeared in Star Trek. The Rock appearing in Voyager and doing the Rock Bottom on Seven Of Nine was fun.

Ā 

I also remember seeing Joan Collins in the original series, the guy who played the demon Mayor of Sunnydale in Buffy as Tam Elbrun in The Next Generation, and Louise Fletcher, who played Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, was Kai Winn in Deep Space 9.

Ā 

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Armin Shimerman, who played the nasty Principal of Sunnydale High, also played Quark in DS9 too.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

One of my coworkers has show cats. Recently one came second in a contest. The kicker is that all the other owners hated the assigned judge and so pulled out. Her cat came second when it was the only cat in the contest!

Ā 

She asked what the logic of that was and was told her cat just didnt deserve a first place.