WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

I bought GTA V on ps4  so I child play online with my mate.  started the story from the beginning again; it's fantastic. So I'm sucked into that again instead of cracking on with the Uncharted series which i have been desperate to play for years.

On uncharted,  the first one is actually a lot more combat heavy than i expected,  rather than the climbing and puzzling.  Does that balance shift as the series goes on?

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Actually, I spotted Witcher 3 on there for £14.99, so I grabbed that instead. So, heads up for that if anyone else is interested. Seemed like a great deal.

I played a lot of both in the past 18 months, and while Fallout 4 completely held my attention Witcher is the better adventure, with a more interesting world behind it.

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

On uncharted,  the first one is actually a lot more combat heavy than i expected,  rather than the climbing and puzzling.  Does that balance shift as the series goes on?

It shifts into definite sections. You pivot between combat - stealth - puzzle - story in rotation but it's done in such a charming way.

• Paid Members

The first Uncharted's a little flawed, even though the PS4 version fixed some of my biggest issues with it (the fucking jetski parts, bullet-sponge enemies, and the ridiculous difficulty spike with a new kind of enemy late on). It's still merely a good game compared to the three classics that follow.

2's where it becomes god-tier, and where the series learns to start pacing things perfectly.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I played a lot of both in the past 18 months, and while Fallout 4 completely held my attention Witcher is the better adventure, with a more interesting world behind it.

I'll also agree with this- The Witcher 3 is absolutely brilliant at developing characters and fleshing them out, something Bethesda struggles to do as well as others. I can reel off a load of Witcher characters and tell you a bunch of things about them, but Fallout and Skyrim- not so much.

• Paid Members

Hooked on ESO Morrowind. I'm basically a travelling chef. Recipes are my most prized loot, and I make so much food and drink I was immediately promoted to 2nd in command in a Guild for filling the bank with consumables.

• Paid Members

In battle situations I'm an archer/healer, but yeah I basically steal and loot as many recipes and ingredients as I can. My mate joked I tried to make it like Cooking Mama or Animal Crossing.

Level 20+ archery and Healing Skill, Level 38 Provisioning, and very low everything else.

Edited by FelatioLips

Sorry for the YouTube video - no fucker watches them, I know - but there are too many points here to summarise about WWE 2K18. If someone knows of an article that lists them, by all means post it below.

Some of the more memorable things are that matches can now have up to eight wrestlers in the ring - like Royal Rumbles, Survivor Series matches, etc - and there'll be lots of backstage areas that you can roam freely between. And a whole new graphics engine that apparently looks like night and day beside 2K17, even when they import the same models. Oh, and there'll be logic in who attacks who in Royal Rumbles, so tag teams will pair up against another opponent rather than randomly trying to eliminate each other.

Anyway, watch if you can, as there's plenty I've missed. Pending reviews, I might end up buying my first WWE game in... I think seven, eight years? Something like that. Depends when I get my PS4 though. Might be the one after this.

And I've just noticed that most of what I've summarised is already listed on the video preview image. THERE IS MORE, I SWEAR.

Edited by Uncle Zeb