WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Looks like the same old turgid shit. People that moan about football games being the same every year should play every WWE game from the past ten years for an hour at a time, it'd make them want to write to their MP.

• Moderators

Those wwe games are fucking gash. The last time they have one away for free I still felt robbed for the time I wasted on it (which was not much, I assure you).

I don't know how they manage to be so much worse than they were like over ten years ago on the ps2.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Those wwe games are fucking gash. The last time they have one away for free I still felt robbed for the time I wasted on it (which was not much, I assure you).

Was that WWE 2K16? Awful, unplayable game. I was hoping me and my son could play it together but it was difficult and complicated even on the easiest setting for me, so he wouldn't have stood a chance. It wasn't fun in the slightest, which is surely what you want from a wrestling game. And the bloody loading times...

I don't know how Yukes get away with it year after year.

• Paid Members

Anyone heard anything about the new version of FirePro for the PS4?  All fine dead as far as I tell.  Wonderful wrestling game.

4 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

One of my mates has been rubbing himself raw about that game coming out on PC. It looks like a SNES game, I can't see the appeal myself. 

Super Mario World, Street Fighter II, and a Link to the Past also look like SNES games.

That said, Fire Pro didn't click with me. I liked the idea, but couldn't get on with the controls.

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Super Mario World, Street Fighter II, and a Link to the Past also look like SNES games.

That said, Fire Pro didn't click with me. I liked the idea, but couldn't get on with the controls.

That's because those were SNES games. I'm not a graphics snob by any means, but for something as visually stunning as pro wrestling releasing a 2D isometric game in 2017 just seems a bit lacklustre.

• Paid Members

FirePro is a fine example of game play over aesthetic. It's surprisingly deep, and a great wrestling "simulator". I bought it with my GameBoy Advance and used to love running massive round robin tournaments just to watch the CPU characters putting on classics. Alas my lack of a PS4 or decent PC means I'll probably have to wait a while to get it. 

On an unrelated, but still gaming note I picked up the Telltale Back To The Future game this weekend and had a crack through that. It's a cracking yarn, some of the cast turn up and there's plenty of fanservice to be had, but if you're not a fan of the movies you should probably give it a miss, or have a dabble with the first one to see what you think. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

On an unrelated, but still gaming note I picked up the Telltale Back To The Future game this weekend and had a crack through that. It's a cracking yarn, some of the cast turn up and there's plenty of fans evince to be had, but if you're not a fan of the movies you should probably give it a miss, or have a dabble with the first one to see what you think. 

Agreed. Not the best games in the world but absolutely fantastic for fans of the films to get an idea of what might have happened next, or previously...

For those saying how bad the graphics look in that video of the WWE game, you do know that the footage shown isn't 2K18 right?

Everything shown in that video is from the Community Creations in 2K17. Many have speculated that the reason the graphics have been so bad, especially the last few years, is because the WWE games have still been on all of the last-gen consoles. It's often said on the 2K forums that 2K deliberately hold back the current-gen versions so that your PS3/360 owners don't feel cheated when buying the same product.

2K18 will only be on current-gens this year, so maybe the graphics will improve. I certainly hope so.