WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I think the problem Tekken 7 has is that the standard console versions don't really do the new art style justice, it's one where you have to get a Pro or a PC to really see the jump up and the benefit. They're both said to be a bit blurry and the Xbox One runs it at 720p, whereas on the pro it's supposed to look a lot sharper and on a pc at 4K ultra settings it obviosuly looks really good, not the greatest you'll ever see but the art style looks good and the hair on Kuma & Panda looks amazing.

On 15/06/2017 at 1:38 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Any of you lot played Horizon Zero Dawn? I know it got great reviews, but that doesn't really mean anything these days. What's the general opinion of actual people who haven't been paid to say nice things about it?

Haven't played as much of it as I'd want to, but it does seem really good from what I've played of it. It so far has that familar feeling to it as it's a bit of a mesh of several different games combined (recent Far Crys, recent Tomb Raiders, Last of Us to name a few) but the world, the characters and just how it tackles some of your standard open-world tropes (such as towers) makes it seem a lot fresher then it could have felt.

Ta for the Horizon opinions. It does sound right up my street, but I'm thinking I might wait until the price has dropped a bit. Also I'm a bit burned out on open world games because there's been so many of them recently, and I feel like I'd appreciate Horizon a bit more after playing some different games for a while. I've got The Evil Within, Sniper Elite 4 and Bloodborne all on the go at the moment, so they'll keep me occupied for the next few weekends. Mass Effect has ended up on the "maybe later" pile, which is a shame. It's just not very exciting, is it?

• Paid Members

Been switching up my time between a few games lately.

Crash Bandicoot 2 - after playing the remake on PS4 and not really feeling it, I went back to the original and I'm currently trying a 100% run of it. Doing fairly good with most gems achieved by the 4th zone. I still remember where a few of the secret exits are! 
It's a weird one Crash Bandicoot because my love for the series almost predominantly comes from Crash Bandicoot 2, as 1 has aged terribly and 3 is gimmick piled on gimmick as Spyro 3 was.

Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - I've never played Morrowind so I've not got much idea about any of it. The core ESO game has vastly improved since I played it at launch though. Less bugs, better draw distances, the quests seem more interesting and the little kinks have been ironed out. It's still very light on tutorials though so I'm currently carrying/banking dozens of important-sounding items I've no idea what to do with. It wasn't until about 7 levels in I found out how to expand my inventory.
I'm not a big fan of the free-for-all job system either. I'll find a woodworking table and it gives me that skill, and it does that for every new thing so it becomes confusing what's worth levelling up or mastering. Things like making your own armour and potions and so on seem useful, but the amount of time you'd spend learning it means you'd miss out on other stuff. I'd prefer a more linear system where you could choose a few things and stick to those.

Luigi's Mansion - Still fun, still looks great for an old Gamecube game. Easy and quick to get through. This and Crash are for when I just want a quick play of something without sinking hours in.

51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

You've reminded me that I haven't played that DLC yet.. And I'm not sure I have a character at a suitable level.

It's personally hard as hell, Sister Feedie is hard as hell on the Ashes DLC and Ringed City, the final boss and secret Boss is meant to be the hardest of the Dark Soul Series.

• Paid Members

Semi technical question:

If I buy a German PS4, will it work without issues when I return to the UK, and would I be able to switch the power lead to save using an adapter. 

Feel like I haven't got the most out of my PS4 for a little while now - I think the last single player game I finished was MGS: The Phantom Pain last summer. I'm trying to find something to sink my teeth into as opposed to just playing FIFA or PES all the time. Looking at buying a new game (maybe two) and have whittled the list down. Could anyone provide any recommendations for:

- Overwatch

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- Injustice 2

- Hitman: The Complete Collection

Is Mortal Kombat XL worth picking up? It is only £15 on Amazon.