TLC 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It used to be held at mania things change, things can change. Don't let that get in the way of you need to post another cuntish comment though.

The first word in your post was "Logically." If you want to argue the logic of a Money In The Bank match between now and Mania when they'll be selling a PPV built around the match in the summer, go ahead. I expect SummerSlam to be headlined by Ambrose going for the belt after he wins a Royal Rumble the month before.

Kevin Ball is picking up the 1997 North East Player of the Year award just before the multi-man ladder match at WrestleMania this year. Bit of a delayed ceremony, granted, but that's the plan as it stands.

Two footer on Ziggler and accidentally launching a chair against the frame of the titantron from 40 yards. Guaranteed.

Thought TLC was a belter pay-per-view with the only major disappoint coming, again, in the form of Charlotte.

Sasha and Becky put on a quality opener in the pre-show. We're gonna see these two go at it many times over the next few years so we better get used to seeing this sort of quality. Hopefully the next time they do go at it, there's a bit more reason behind it. And preferably it'll be on the actual match card rather than Charlotte or Paige.

Ladder match for the Tag Team Titles was boss. Yeah it was a spot-fest but it got the crowd fired up. All six men (seven if you include Woods) put everything they had into it. The Salida Del Sol from the top of the ladder is gonna be shown in every Kalisto package from now on, if not every ladder match package as well. Possibly even every build up to TLC in the future as well, to really nail home the "demolition derby" thing they're trying to portray it as. Woods was gold on commentary. Played up his team-mates strength and his referencing to 2k16 was funny as fuck. "They're resting" and "they might even have a couple of finishers in the bank" got me laughing. 

Rusev against Ryback was alright I guess. Weren't the best either man has produced by a long shot and going to the same ending we've seen for a fortnight on RAW was lazy but it served it's purpose. They would do well to have both of these men look strong over the next few weeks heading up to the Rumble to give us somebody outside the box to win it. 

Swagger and Del Rio produced one of the best chair matches I can remember. Not that it's that hard of course, given the lack of quality chair matches over the years but this one worked well. It's a hard stipulation to work, given there's no head shots any more. Essentially it's one fella bent over waiting to get cracked on the back. The ankle lock round the chair was something different. I don't see either of these as threats to winning the Rumble, so wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch with Zeb somehow getting involved this time.

Tables match between the Wyatts and ECW was fun and that's all it was meant to be. It gave the Wyatt's a victory over some greats in their own familiar surroundings, although Rowan was again made to look the weak link. The way they've built Strowman up, he'll be a threat to the Rumble. Probably end up squaring off with at least one of the other Wyatt's in the match. Could they turn face and feud with the League of Nations? 

Owens and Ambrose will deliver better matches than this one, hopefully we get to see them prove that over the next few weeks/months. But this was still a good showing. Allow them both to express themselves a bit more on the mic in the coming weeks and the feud will increase ten fold. Fuck it, throw Owens in the League of Nations to so his feud with Ambrose can carry on and overlap with that. 

Ric Flair's Daughter against Paige was tiresome. Might as well just stick Naitch in a bra and pair of knickers because that's all Charlotte is. I made mention of this a few months back that it got on me tits, now it's just fucking unbearable. 

Main event was a belter, topped only by the after math with Roman going on the rampage against Triple H. Ended the show on a good note, hopefully they can build on this and not give Reigns any more of those Cena-esque promos that clearly aren't working for him.

That opener was the fucking bomb. Chaos, wicked spots (Kalisto's one being right up there for one of the best spots I've ever seen, absolutely lost my shit for that), Xavier schooling commentary the whole match, and the perfect finish with the trombone. Follow that mentality, and nothing did.

why did Rusev v Ryback get a video package? bizarre. anyway, this one was just there and it played out completely as you'd expect it to.

Del Rio v Swagger wasn't very good. It wasn't bad either but just kind of tepid. Their whole feud is undermined by Del Rio splitting from Zeb already, nobody in the world bought that Swagger could leave with the title. They should really cut out this "Chairs is a match too!" stuff too

ECW v Wyatts was a bit of a head-scratcher but can't say I didn't enjoy it a fair bit. I liked that only Rowan was the jobber for the Wyatts, only complaint is that I really wanted to see him gored through a table. You bring Rhyno back, probably short-term and we don't see a gore? Cmon. Very much liked the finish with the lighter fluid tease though, very good heat. The cheese grater a few minutes before was bizarre though, Dreamer just got it out and hit Strowman in the gut then it vanished. I wondered if it was gonna re-appear like 'are they gonna go this far with the ECW nostalgia? no, no of course not. I'm a dumbass'

Ambrose v Owens was pretty good. Not spectacular, but good stuff. I didn't really want either to lose though so was torn going in, nice pop for Ambrose but hopefully Owens can still stay strong here. JBL annoying on commentary running the 'it would be so awful if Ambrose won imagine him on a talk show!!!!!!1' into the ground. Calm your shit bro, IC champions don't go on talk shows

Don't dislike the Charlotte/Flair thing. It kinda sucks to see her even more associated with her dad rather than trying to show what she can do on her own merits but I guess it's kinda inevitable and is working better for her right now. Match was just bizarre though, who did they even want us to cheer for? I get the feeling they're trying to turn Charlotte into a cool tweener but yeah.. nah. 'Woo's aside the crowd was dead for this again and pretty sure they were booing all the false finishes

Imagine paying to see a WWE show where the main event is Reigns v Sheamus and sitting there chanting "Daniel Bryan" "CM Punk" "we want Rollins" even Cena got a chant. Fair fucks if you're frustrated, it's an addictive product and a lot of the time we can't really figure out why but fuck sake, watch it at home if you really don't care, those chants were pitiful. The match was pretty good, but having seen so many weapon shots and spots in the night everything lacked that 'oomph'. But a good stand-alone match, I like watching Sheamus in a real hard-hitting match cos everything shows up on that guy. Imagine Sheamus v Tomohiro Ishii! They don't need to wait 6 more months, or 3 more months for Roman - after suffering through the boo boys the whole match the crowd was cheering for him climbing after the superman punch ladder spot. Like this isn't rocket science, the guy just isn't Daniel Bryan so stop bloody booking him like it. Ambrose & Usos not coming out to neutralize LoN was ludicrous but hopefully it'll at least be a story. Couldn't believe it ended when it did and neither could the crowd. Post-match as mentioned though was very cool and should at least clue the company up that that's the Roman fans want to see. The last year has been the company trying to decide what Roman is supposed to be and here's hoping that clinched it.

Decent enough show, Reigns was booked perfectly. If they have any sense they'll 'suspend him' for a week or two tonight. But he'll probably be fined $500 and be back smiling and cracking John Cena's jokes on Raw tonight instead.

Flair is going to end up overshadowing all the women cos he's actually entertaining. Hopefully doesn't harm whatever they have planned for Becky.

• Paid Members

Posted by a guy called "Sexy Tanahashi" (if that is his real name) on another board:

Since Wrestlemania, none of Reigns's problems has been Triple H's fault:

* Seth Rollins inserted himself into the Wrestlemania title match, completely by the rules.
* Reigns himself allowed himself to be distracted from the title by Bray Wyatt.
* When he finally got around to returning to the title chase, he was given and won a fair match to become the number one contender.
* When Rollins was injured, Triple H offered Roman Reigns the title on the spot, which he refused.
* After winning the title, Reigns attacked Triple H when he comes out to congratulate him on his title reign, leaving himself open to be cashed in on for the second time in less than a year.
* Triple H offered Reigns a rematch (albeit with a short time limit) that Reigns failed to take advantage of.
* Triple H offered Reigns ANOTHER rematch, which he lost fair and square, after which Reigns unleashed his most vicious attack yet on the COO.

Dude's gotta stop blaming other people for his problems and start looking at the man in the mirror.

It aint Michael Jacksons fault.

This is gonna be my first full show in a long time now and who's the pretty little lighty on interviewing duties? The tag match was a great spotfest with Kalisto looking like he split his arse in two in the most spectacular fashion, Xavier on commentary really helped that match too. I was really hoping that Spike would pop out from under the ring to help lonely Bubba against the Wyatts, that would have been ace. Speaking of the Wyatts, that Brown Strongman or whatever is the drizzling shits and looks totally lost out there.

Will catch the rest later but it's been fun so far.

I think at SS, HHH knew Reigns would never shake his hand, especially when the title was already in his grasp, and was clearly in cahoots with Sheamus and the LoN. Maybe that's overthinking/giving too much credit but that's the way I've made it feel logical

Really enjoyed the opening ladder match and the Ambrose/Owens match but there wasn't much else that kept me interested aside from that. I'm amazed that they've managed to not fuck up New Day through 2015 but they've instead opted to make an absolute bollocks of Team BAD by basically turning them into New Day. Very meta, lads. Well done.

re: Reigns - that's exactly what they should have been doing with the cunt from the start and it's amazing it took them this long to give him a moment like that. I want to put a little bit more faith in them just running with that, and hopefully they'll see the switch in people alternating between chanting for Battlekat and complete silence to going apeshit for him wrecking everything but given the build up packages had the fucking Tater Tots twattery i'm not quite sure. That and the companies history of making a fucking plums of absolutely everything in the end, like but mainly the build up package. Incidentally FUCK ME that was the first time i'd seen the delivery of the Tater Tots line and i'm not surprised people went into the match not giving anything that looks like a fuck. How is anybody supposed to get behind a Samoan monster in riot gear when he acts like fucking mid 90's Ben Affleck? Jesus wept.

Loved HHH's Hennig/Michaels style selling of the chair shot, too.

Archived