TLC 2015 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Paid Members

Triple H has been top heel in the company and overall bastard for what, 2 and a half years now? He's also been feuding with Roman by proxy since mania, as he's been behind Seth and now sheamus the whole time. Oh, and he's responsible for the break up of the shield. That'd wju the fans cheered him, its just contrarian to act otherwise.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I watched the aftermath where Reigns went crackers on my lunch and it was utterly captivating and exciting and everything I've been hoping WWE TV would be over the past few months.

I could get behind THAT Reigns week in week out with glee, but chances are he'll come out tonight  and have the handbrake pulled up on that momentum and goodwill from last night and call Sheamus 'Frosty the Snowman' considering it's the run up to Christmas or take 'tater tots' a step further and say something about a baby carrot in his undercrackers.

I'm looking forward to tonight, but I really believe tomorrow we'll be back to square one with Reigns.
I hope I'm wrong though, I truly do.

• Paid Members

Is there a worse voice in wrestling than Alvarez? That was a fucking struggle.

It was. The salient points stand however, especially in regards to Roman being a loser. I remember when he was inserted into the title ladder match at Money In The Bank 2014, PS voiced concerns about putting Reigns into too many title matches early into his singles run that he wasn't going to win, and in one of my own rants a couple of weeks ago I lamented that his title win being by winning the title in a distinctly midcard tournament (because they've fucked themselves for creating new stars) AND being cut off by Sheamus, left a nasty taste in my mouth. It needs saying, however, that Reigns' actual number of unsuccessful attempts to leave a PPV as champ is getting daft.

* June 2014 - Money In The Bank. Part of the eponymous ladder match for the vacant title, won by John Cena.

* July 2014 - Battleground. Part of a four-way for the title, won by John Cena.

* April 2015 - WrestleMania. Challenges Brock Lesnar but Seth Rollins cashes in and PINS REIGNS to win the title.

* May 2015 - Payback. Part of a four-way where Rollins defends against three babyfaces that all hate him.... but retains.

* November 2015 - Survivors. Wins the weakest tournament to crown a new WWE Champion ever, but takes his eyes off the ball and gets cashed in on.

* December 2015 - TLC. Loses a TLC match because he wasn't bright enough to get HIS mates to counteract interference from Sheamus' mates.

This is too many times now that he's been made into a loser. You're going to struggle to get behind a guy with this kind of record. He's going to let you down, even if you aren't one of the ones booing already. In a nutshell.... if the Lex Express is a metaphor I like to wheel out for choke artist, then what kind of vehicle have they got Roman driving??

I remember a similar complaint about Goldberg in PS when he was put in multi man title matches that he didn't win when he came back from his knee injury in '99, having the killer winning machine sapped his established drawing power, Reigns is the same but without the drawing power

The final spear on Trips at the end, loved it. That one decision to throw that out there even after the table attack and everything winding down just added so much more.

Skipped through the show, watched the whole of the opener though, that was great fun. I really try to not let the commentary spoil things for me but it was horrendous most of the time I was paying attention.

Fxxxing 'ell. Finished watching the show and caught myself searching "Roman Reigns RAW" (oo er), before realising RAW wasn't on til tonight. First time in yonks I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next. Kissing the chair and yelling "Feels so good!" after those shots felt like a watershed moment. Like pretty much everyone, though, I'll be expecting them to cock it up tonight. I'm expecting him to be fired on the show (so he can still turn up in his gear and do his entrance, probably grinning and fistbumping) and that firing to last two weeks. But I hope it'll mark a change in presentation, a change in attire (HHH banning the armour would be a decent angle, especially if he throws Roman into weapons matches as 'punishment'), and a solid direction from here through RR.

And Xavier Woods needs to stay on commentary. His motormouth heel delivery, and actually knowing who was who, was a gale of fresh air amongst the drivel from the three stooges.

Only watched the last 30 minutes of the show but it was every bit as good as everyone's already said. They know full well how to book a star which makes it all the more frustrating how they book wrestlers the way they do.

I'd go all out tonight, have Trips fire/suspend Reigns. Have him return at the Rumble.

Who is main eventing all the Raw and Smackdown shows from now until Rumble then though? They have no main event stars. The ratings are going to drop even more if they start main eventing with Ambrose, Owens, New Day, League of Nations, Usos, etc... (even though those are their top talents at the moment).

Who is main eventing all the Raw and Smackdown shows from now until Rumble then though?

CENA

Well (some of) the fans were asking for him last night in the main event and WWE always gives the fans what they want. He doesn't work Tuesdays Fridays though. Will have to be a month of Ambrose/Owens rematches on Smackdown.

Well that was the most interesting thing Reigns has done in a long time. Triple H sold the beating like a pro. It was great just as the PPV was about to go off the air when Roman said "Yeah things are changing".  Now this is how you get the fans tuning into Raw tonight. 

• Awards Moderator

Opener was fun. Some good spots in it, a good stunt show that helped me kill that Monday morning feeling before work today.

I skipped Ryback-Rusev and the Chair Match.

Tables match was a mess, but a fun mess. I hope everyone picked up on the use of (what looked to me like) a nightstick as one of the weapons, probably the clearest hint yet that Boss Man's coming back at the Rumble.

Ambrose-Owens was alright but didn't really grab me. I guess they'll have a rematch at some point though.

Skipped Charlotte-Paige too.

I absolutely loved the main event, thought it was a tremendous stunt brawl. They were beating the shit out each other despite the crowd being twats and it was brilliant. I wanted to root for Roman but every time he started climbing all I could think was "how are they screwing him over this time?" When the League of Nations came out, where the fuck was Ambrose?! Ridiculous. I hope Reigns has words with him on Raw, and by words I mean smashes his face in.

The finish deflated me. It had a sense of "shit, Roman, not AGAIN". But the post match - YES. THAT is the Roman I've been wanting to see, I just hope they don't piss it away on Raw tonight. Reigns vs Triple H at WrestleMania? I'd be happy with that.

Archived