NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen glimpses of the English former League goalkeeper Stu Tomlinson aka Hugo Knox in the first 2 episodes and he's looked very capable. Could be a bright future ahead for him. Crazy change in lifestyle for him.

Did former German international Tim Wiese end up signing a development deal? I remember there was a lot of noise a year or so ago about it.

I'm not sure if he ever officially signed with the company but going by reports he was definitely over in Orlando trying to learn the basics at one point.

• Paid Members

Just watched the first two episodes back to back. This is what the Network should always have been about. It's already one of the best shows they've got. It's genuinely interesting to see how the process works and I'm already invested in the few characters they've focussed on. Great stuff.

Really hoping for some Chad Gable in the upcoming episodes.

I can't wrap my head around the fat guy in the promo bit. Dunno whether it was just bad editing but it looked like he stood up there, shit the bed and then just busted out the worm and Regal went nuts for it

Just watched the first two episodes back to back. This is what the Network should always have been about. It's already one of the best shows they've got. It's genuinely interesting to see how the process works and I'm already invested in the few characters they've focussed on. Great stuff.

Really hoping for some Chad Gable in the upcoming episodes.

This is the type of show I wanted boot camp and tough enough to be- wrestling meets hard knocks.

Loving it so far.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the second episode. Good insight into the process from both development and tryout POV. That ZZ seems a bit of a div. He needs his Dad with him every step because he's actually got a clue. How the fuck is he only 19?

One thing that's occured to me during this. You see clamour for guys to come into NXT. Guilty myself. I'd love to see some older guys coming into NXT and et myself at James Storm. From a fan perspective that's easy. Bit harsher when you see the queue of people in the performance center working hard every day and not even getting a shot on little spot shows. Queue jumpers must completely dishearten those guys.

Enjoyed seeing Robbie Brookside doing his stuff this week and Regal getting bent out of shape because they couldn't step forward had me chuckling.

One thing that's occured to me during this. You see clamour for guys to come into NXT. Guilty myself. I'd love to see some older guys coming into NXT and et myself at James Storm. From a fan perspective that's easy. Bit harsher when you see the queue of people in the performance center working hard every day and not even getting a shot on little spot shows. Queue jumpers must completely dishearten those guys.

I kind of see the point, but then again the Performance Centre is where the development happens now, not years on the road that you'd have got years ago. Have new guys take longer in training and on house shows so that they're solid when they get to NXT tapings. I'd rather turn on NXT and see tubby James Storm in his cowboy hat and mad bastard drawl than Johnny BuffRod with his short-back and sides and abs doing his ABCs. It'll be cool seeing trainees inring characters develop so we don't get the cookie-cutters that FCW frequently churned out. There'll no doubt be some guys getting the hump at vets being hotshotted to TV, but having seen how clueless some of those trainees were (especially considering most if not all should have had prior training - stepping forward is elementary grappling balance work - and many will have paid a tidy sum to try out), one of the biggest things Regal and Bloom are going to teach these guys is patience.

• Paid Members

Anyone else catch Meltzer going crackers on the audio shows about Asuka being shown in the same class as ZZ in episode two?

God bless Dave, but he doesn't half display some signs of autism every now and then. It was funny to see her at the front of the class taking notes, but it was quite obvious that the Robbie Brookside talk was something that all new recruits had to attend, and that once that induction was over there was no way Asuka would be doing the same beginners classes as the rest of them.

Dave later mentioned that someone in WWE confirmed for him that this was the case and Asuka wasn't getting shouted at by Regal for not putting her foot forward. The amount of stuff people must confirm for him that is already blatantly obvious must be tiresome.

Something came up on my Timehop yesterday from when a tweeted a line I heard Meltzer say:

"It's like the old expression you know: when you're in the woods ... err ... you can't see the trees or whatever".

autistic spectrum

noun

1. a range of conditions (from autism to Asperger’s syndrome) characterized by difficulties in social interaction and communication and by restricted or repetitive patterns of thought and behaviour.

"kids on the autistic spectrum"

• Paid Members

Anyone else catch Meltzer going crackers on the audio shows about Asuka being shown in the same class as ZZ in episode two?

God bless Dave, but he doesn't half display some signs of autism every now and then.

Haha, I did actually listen to that and had the exact same thought Supremo! It's infuriating listening to him sometimes. For somebody that has been so close to the business for so long you would think that Meltzer would understand by now the differences between real life and what they present to the viewer. The whole business is a work after all. The way in which Dave seems to take everything he sees at face value really does suggest autism.

Archived