NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've never heard of the spinning bump that he did being a no no before which is something new. It looked ugly as fuck, but I think we've all seen far worse bumps in the time we've watched

I thought the same. Albert complained that he could've hurt Crews but not sure how? Crews landed the drop kick as he would if he connected with Tino's hands/chest?

It was explained in the episode how: Tino could have clipped Apollo's legs mid-spin and messed up Apollo's bump. Tino also lands right where Apollo lands, risking injury to both of them. It was reckless.

• Paid Members

I thought it was dodgy as fuck and Tino was reckless until they mentioned it was only his second match. I bet everyone is shit in their second match.

There's a difference between being "shit" and not knowing how to bump off a drop kick, a relatively simple move. It's not like it was a 450 Splash he messed the landing up on.

Interesting to see Scott Dawson being Albert's right-hand man at gorilla

It appears to be a key position for the development of talent, we've had Bayley feature there to.

Looked more like Dawson had been picked to help out with that match especially with Sabatelli's progress.

I get the impression Adam Pearce is Albert's main right hand man.

This whole season is a surefire build for a huge pop when they fire Mojo halfway through season 2. When Noomph gets let go by Saul Goodman in a week or two, Mojo will get the cliffhanger but it'll end on him getting a raise, and he'll be hyped or something.

And Colin Cassidy by the looks of things. He was announcing the card for one of the house shows at a talent meeting. 

• Paid Members

I thought it was dodgy as fuck and Tino was reckless until they mentioned it was only his second match. I bet everyone is shit in their second match.

There's a difference between being "shit" and not knowing how to bump off a drop kick, a relatively simple move. It's not like it was a 450 Splash he messed the landing up on.

Again, it was only his second match. People make mistakes.

I was surprised to see a few people in the Network topic say they were underwhelmed by this season finale. I thought it was a fantastic ending to the series.

The people spotlighted throughout the series all either got to where they wanted to be or have got a position now where I'm craving a second series to see more.

All of Tyler Breeze's hard work and dedication was rewarded with a promotion to the main roster.

Bayley cemented her position as the new flag-bearer of the Divas division taking it to levels people didn't think they could reach (main eventing a live special).

Dana Brooke overcame her self doubt and shined in a match where she wondered if the injury would hinder her, but now needs to make a recovery and get back to full fitness.

Along with various new signings and presumably some firings, it will be interesting to see:

Can Baron Corbin continue to rise any higher than the spot he has been in for over a year?

Now Jordan & Gable got their first match on a Live Special, how much further can they go?

How far will Nia Jax and Apollo Crews continue to rise, or have they already peaked?

Will Tino, ZZ, the Indian guy, and the bloke who won Tough Enough make it through Brookside's starter class and get any further?

The way it was made got me invested in all of the people mentioned above, that is why it was so interesting from start to finish.

One extra observation: it was nice to see Breeze in gorilla position looking nervous before making his SmackDown debut, surrounded by wrestlers and staff buzzing around him doing their own thing, when Miz walked over and made a point of encouraging him. He only said "have fun out there", but it was something he didn't have to do.

• Paid Members

One small observation: the bit at the end where HHH addressed them post-show was actually two different bits smushed together. You can tell b HHH wearing slightly different suits and by James Storm sitting in two different places while he's talking. The bit where Tyler Breeze was called up was much earlier than the post-Respect one.

• Paid Members

It is madness the same company that has been so lacking in anything other than creative stagnation every week during Raw/Smackdown can still produce something as brilliant as this series of Breaking Ground. Brilliant is maybe over doing it, but my expectations are so low for WWE these days that anything interesting which also gets fresh faces over gets all my thumbs pointing up.

As others have typed, the Tyler Breeze on Breaking Ground is the next Steve Austin (again, over doing it), while the one we're getting on Raw is at best Al Snow. Shame.

Triple H trying to do his best Tony D'Amato was awful. Particularly when he decided to hamfist the respect name in there. I like Triple H, he seems like a decent fella, but the guy is such a dweeby ham sometimes.

Tino Sabatelli was in the main event of Friday night's house show in Tampa.

The match was:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Finn Balor & Bull Dempsey vs Tye Dillinger & Tino Sabatelli

Hopefully the circumstances of how he got from being demoted to the beginners class last Autumn to being in a main event in January plays out on season two of 'Breaking Ground', if there is one.

Aliyah was also on Friday night's event in a 6-women tag match.

Watched the entire season this weekend and it's my favourite thing WWE have produced in years. Maybe ever.

In particular it has really changed my mind on Baron and Dana. To see how much they want it and how hard they work to try and progress has won me over.

Always been a Breeze fan so it was really nice to learn more about him and it's catch 22 situation there - he finally found a gimmick to succeed with, and yet it's not really one that will ever get pushed on the main roster. Reminds me of Adam Rose in a sense.

Also gave me a little more love for Apollo who desperately needs that extra something personality wise.

Nice to see lots of new faces we've yet to really see on the NXT weekly shows so I'm sure that'll help once they transition.

Well worth the Network subscription. Now what to watch next?

Archived