NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

I like how both of them seem to be trying (and failing) to convince themselves that them teaming up is a step in the right direction.

Ryder's comments suggest he knows coming down to NXT is a positive step to freshening up his act and getting another shot at the spotlight ... but maybe Rawley isn't the best person to do that with.

Mojo's comments suggest he knows teaming with an experienced WWE Superstar might get him a shot at the spotlight ... but maybe Ryder isn't the best person to do that with.

Gable was this week's MVP, I didn't find myself as interested in what Jordan, Bishop, Rawley and ZZ had to say.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Jason Jordan has managed to find his niche eventually. I was a fan of his initial team with Tye Dillinger that looked like it was going somewhere last year. But he's hit the jackpot being paired with Chad Gable, they compliment each other really well. Chad really does look like the second coming of Kurt Angle.

This Breaking Ground series has made me warm to Baron Corbin at least, he could be a bit of a bad ass on the main roster. However the same can't be said for Mojo Rawley, detested him from day one.

• Awards Moderator

Some lovely insights this week. I can't believe I hadn't heard that Nia Jax is yet another part of the Anoa'i. Although as that encompasses roughly 1,800 wrestlers I shouldn't be that surprised.

The actual training moments were wonderful: Tyler Breeze passing down, Regal doing the head-heart-eyes thing, Del Ray trying to develop Nia Jax... fascinating.

Robbie Brookside is the Scousest looking man in the world. It's amazing watching the big multi million quid Network and this show with all it's glitz and mysterious WWE aura and then hearing "ARR EY ZEE ZEE LAD WHARRAYER DOIN DERE EY" with the type of curtain barnet and permanent scowl you only get off your uncle Gary coupled with hearing Captain Kirk actually say the word Brookside

I've become an even bigger Tyler Breeze fan since seeing him in two episodes of this. Being in developmental over two years might be demoralising to some wrestlers but his positive attitude and eagerness to help less experienced workers is really good to see.

I'm quite keen to see Eva Marie featured in an upcoming episode. All the bullshit forced drama in Total Divas isn't much to go on so I would be keen to see how she really feels about her current standing in the company and working everyday in the Performance Center. In the brief clips she has been shown in the ring with the other Divas she is always smiling and appears to be enjoying it.

Fantastic ending to this week's episode too. I feel bad for the kid as his determination and attitude are great but his body keeps giving up on him. That said, I did instinctively laugh at his shocked reaction to being canned.  :unsure:

Archived