NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

God bless Dave, but he doesn't half display some signs of autism

He's undoubtedly on the spectrum.
Every one is. That's why it's called a spectrum.

You've probably just been told that so you fit in with the other kids.

• Paid Members

Last nights episode was SO disappointing. It's going full blown waste of time reality show. Super contrived situations and everything. Hope that isn't usual because episodes 1&2 were fascinating. EDIT - So  i just watced it again and maybe i was a little harsh. It is dull and contrived more so than the previous  episodes but It's still worth a watch.

I enjoyed this week's episode as much as the first two.

It was a change of pace seeing more of the life on the road rather than life inside the Performance Center.

Fair play to Big Cass for knocking off Carmella off-screen, I didn't know they were together. It appears from last night she looks much more attractive out of character than she does on NXT TV imo.

It was odd how the narration and subtitles suggested Breeze & Jordan were genuinely having digs at each other. It just seemed to me that it was two mates winding each other up for a laugh.

Jordan appears to be a joker from the other footage of him.

There were some giggles from Breeze & Dillinger winding each other up when exploring for bats too.

Did anyone else notice So Cal Val in the shot of fans entering Full Sail for a taping?

After seeing that I did a bit of googling and it seems earlier this year she was a ticket paying customer at a few tapings, seemingly attempting to get noticed and a possible opportunity for a job.

I'm strangely attracted to Sara Del Rey, she's lovely. I enjoyed her and Adam Pearce having fun in the gorilla postion (laughing at Drake Wuertz's improvised selfie when catching Breeze's selfie stick) and their enthusiasm.

Del Rey also explaining to Regal the difference between a Wookie & a yeti was another enjoyable bit.

Bring on next week.

Did anyone else notice So Cal Val in the shot of fans entering Full Sail for a taping?

After seeing that I did a bit of googling and it seems earlier this year she was a ticket paying customer at a few tapings, seemingly attempting to get noticed and a possible opportunity for a job.

She seems to be at every NXT or WWE show in Florida.

• Paid Members

She seems to be at every NXT or WWE show in Florida.

If you think hard enough and understand good ole wrestling traditions, this might be more understandable ;-)

She was also one of the NYC statues for Breeze at Brooklyn.

• Paid Members

I like Breaking Ground. It’s a nice insight into how WWE superstars become WWE superstars. However, I would never have imagined WWE putting out such a business-revealing show say, five years ago.

Is this the start of WWE accepting what it is and going, “Yeah, it’s predetermined. It’s a soap opera. Here’s how it works”?

• Paid Members

See for me it doesn't so much expose the business as much as legitimize it. It goes to great lengths to show just how much athletesism and training is need. Everyone and there dog knows its a work and the majority always have. As Albert said millions think they can do what they do. This goes a long way to slapping those silly Billy's upside the head.

• Awards Moderator

Agreed on the legitimacy point. This overt stance has to stem from Triple H. Following his comment that "kayfabe is dead" on the Network Austin podcast, and going to lengths to acknowledge Max Landis' statement that "Raw is a TV programme about wrestling" Breaking Ground is the next step.

It was odd how the narration and subtitles suggested Breeze & Jordan were genuinely having digs at each other.

I wasn't sure about the tone of that exchange. Kayfabe~!

• Paid Members

Agreed on the legitimacy point. This overt stance has to stem from Triple H. Following his comment that "kayfabe is dead" on the Network Austin podcast, and going to lengths to acknowledge Max Landis' statement that "Raw is a TV programme about wrestling" Breaking Ground is the next step.

It was odd how the narration and subtitles suggested Breeze & Jordan were genuinely having digs at each other.

I wasn't sure about the tone of that exchange. Kayfabe~!

It was a bit of fun, real or not. Jordan trying his best, “Did you even wrestle, bro?!” and Breeze just not giving a fuck.

Last nights episode was SO disappointing. It's going full blown waste of time reality show. Super contrived situations and everything. Hope that isn't usual because episodes 1&2 were fascinating. EDIT - So  i just watced it again and maybe i was a little harsh. It is dull and contrived more so than the previous  episodes but It's still worth a watch.

It was a good show, I think you were just in-deliberately comparing it to the two previous episodes :) 

I was sort of expecting Breeze to retaliate with Jordan backstage, probably some sort of ongoing competitive ribbing between the pair.

As for Baron Corbin, I just can't help but think that the guy is just simply a cunt.

As for Baron Corbin, I just can't help but think that the guy is just simply a cunt.

Surely Corbin going on that bar crawl on his tod was a work? Can’t decide if he is in character 99% of the time on this or if he is just a knob. Still it has made me much more interested in Corbin the character than I was a few weeks ago.

Surely Corbin going on that bar crawl on his tod was a work? Can’t decide if he is in character 99% of the time on this or if he is just a knob. Still it has made me much more interested in Corbin the character than I was a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if he liked the odd ale on his lonesome...and yeah he's just a twat.

I like Breaking Ground. It’s a nice insight into how WWE superstars become WWE superstars. However, I would never have imagined WWE putting out such a business-revealing show say, five years ago.

Is this the start of WWE accepting what it is and going, “Yeah, it’s predetermined. It’s a soap opera. Here’s how it works”?

They started promoting Raw as "a soap opera for men" almost twenty years ago. They told everyone it was predetermined about ten years before that. It's nearly fifteen years since they first did a wrestlers-in-training reality show.

Archived