NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Really good show I thought. Nice introduction to the performance centre and NXT. Corbin came across pretty well. He's clearly egotistic and a bit of an introvert but that doesn't really matter. Not the biggest crime on wrestling. Agree with previous post, if he can get across his real personality, he'll do well as a heel.

Solid start. Format was good and footage was interesting. Nice to see the young dudes putting in a shift. Building the ring and what not.

Anyone else think Baron Corbin has a fleeting likeness to Forrest Griffin?

I enjoyed the first episode, I think there's potential to really flesh out some characters that hopefully translate onto the main NXT show.

Another thought, that lass with the Asian sounding name looks tiny! I know they're women so don't need to be that built (and she's still 19 so has time to grow) but she's so puny it looks like she'd be snapped in half if someone did a backbreaker on her.

• Paid Members

Really good show I thought. Nice introduction to the performance centre and NXT. Corbin came across pretty well. He's clearly egotistic and a bit of an introvert but that doesn't really matter. Not the biggest crime on wrestling. Agree with previous post, if he can get across his real personality, he'll do well as a heel.

Solid start. Format was good and footage was interesting. Nice to see the young dudes putting in a shift. Building the ring and what not.

Same as this really. I'm a sucker for programs like this and love seeing the behind the scenes view of things and insights into what they have to do etc!

Mojo Rawley seemed like a bigger knob with that "work that fork" thing, wanted to see Corbin spark him out

Yeah I was hoping he would to. No one should taking shit from a guy who can't go more than 3 minutes in anything he's involved in.

Something tells me it's not going to work out for Devin though

Enjoyed the first episode, reckon it could be a really good series and again, this is exactly the kind of thing the network should be putting out.

• Paid Members

The version on the Network now is only 30 minutes long, but it's an hour long version on tonight.

Fucksake. I wish I'd known that before I watched the half hour. Or was it the first half of the hour ep?

Same here. Seemed to end abruptly though.

• Paid Members

It was touted as a 'sneak peak' during the PPV with the whole show following Raw to be fair.

I expected a sneak peak to be a kittle highlights package so was surprised it went as long as it did.

It did seem to end suddenly, with no real conclusion to anything or arc into the next episode. May revisit tonight and check.

I found it highly enjoyable and Shatner's narration was great. I notice Joe/Balor and others were nowhere near putting that ring up either, and if Corbin's been there that long why the fuck should he? I can remember Steen on a podcast (Jericho maybe) saying it was expected but after the first week he didn't bother, I think it's more of a earning your dues affair, and if you've been in NXT for a long period and aren't a mark for the business, you'd let thise that need to earn dues do the grunt work.

Archived