NXT Breaking Ground

5pints

Really good episode this week (when the network actually streams it properly), really good look into the tryout process. Can't see ZZ lasting there very long at all.

Next weeks episode looks like a cracker, I can easily see this show becoming the highlight of WWE programming for me.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hearing Brookside says things like "stop larking about" makes the whole thing more enjoyable.

Really enjoying this series so far, keeps up the more interesting things that Tough Enough can offer without having to stick to the competition format. Seeing somebody actually getting released or having the chance to appear on an NXT event is a lot more to get invested in than week to week eliminations and challenges.

Looking forward to more Baron Corbin next week. His improvement in the last few months on NXT and now his persona on this show are making me a fan...not that he wants that of course.

I know it'll be edited in a way to get this response, but I was fucking livid at ZZ. I never watched Tough Enough so this was the first I saw of him. But getting this second chance that thousands would kill for, and he didn't look like he could put himself 100% into it. Really enjoying the series so far though.

Really interesting episode this week.

From the cliffhanger ending last week where we weren't sure if Noof, Devin, or the guy with the concussion was getting their marching orders - I presumed it was going to be Noof.

I thought the stocky guy with bushy beard in the training montages looked fairly smooth so I was happy to see him eventually win over the trainers in the promo class simply by doing the worm.

When he was stood there like a deer in the headlights frantically rolling up his sleeves I thought he was on his way home.

I've grown to like Dana Brooke over the course of the two episodes. Aside from her not getting the hang of taking a biel from Nia Jax she seems to work so hard in the workout montages and seems so nice towards the other girls.

So it's a credit to her she is such an unlikeable heel on TV.

Once I finally realised who ZZ reminds me of (Nick Frost) I could concentrate. I started to think he might not make it.

He's a 19 year old who says the key to being successful is to always act like a kid and he doesn't really like working out. Hoping to see more of Brookside & Regal laying into him in future episodes.

JkiO2Daq.jpg

paul-mv-28.jpg

It's an interesting insight and it's already hooked me in.

Baron and Dana in the first two episodes have both come across really well and it's good to see the work effort and passion they put in on a day to day basis. Both seem to have made big strides forward in the last month or so on NXT.

I hope the ZZ lack of motivation/CBA routine is for the camera's or to highlight greater progress later on. I just can't get my head around the fact someone would be given such a great opportunity and put so little effort into making it work.

• Paid Members

Definitely needs more William Regal, I could listen to him all day. And it's great to see Robbie Brookside in his job.

Who is Brian Duncan? They've got him as a trainer/coach, but I don't recognise him at all

His official title is "athletic trainer" but that actually means in-house doctor/injury rehab guy.

• Paid Members

Seen glimpses of the English former League goalkeeper Stu Tomlinson aka Hugo Knox in the first 2 episodes and he's looked very capable. Could be a bright future ahead for him. Crazy change in lifestyle for him.

Did former German international Tim Wiese end up signing a development deal? I remember there was a lot of noise a year or so ago about it.

Archived