John Cena's Retirement (theoretical)

honor87

I still think the ball was dropped with Reigns when Batista won the Rumble. That was the time to pull the trigger on him and he'd be the megastar by the time the next Mania came round.

I can't believe reigns wouldvr got any different a reaction to big Dave that year. Wed have ended up with the same mania with Bryan winning in the end. The only difference is the massive babyfsce pop Rollins would've got when he hit him with chairs.

If Reigns had eliminated Batista at the end of the 2014 Rumble the response would have been positive and a definite star making moment for Reigns, but there's no reason to think WWE could have predicted the negative reaction the match got. Or that they should have called an audible and switched the Rumble to Reigns based on one crowd booing.

Would you then go with Reigns vs. Orton in the main event of Mania XXX? I'd much rather have the Bryan story that we got. Was one of the best stories they've told in years, even if they did so reluctantly.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's off the European tour. Seems to be having a bit of personal shit going on.

WWE U.S. Champion John Cena will be taking time off from wrestling shortly for what the WWE has described as personal reasons.

While we don't know the exact time frame that he will be gone, the 38-year-old Cena isn't advertised on anything after the Hell in a Cell PPV special in late-October starting with the next night's RAW in San Diego, CA. As of now, he is being advertised for their December shows.

As part of the time off, WWE officials have confirmed he will not be appearing on any dates during the company's upcoming 10-day European tour that will see them do shows in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, and Germany.

Cena recently regained the U.S. title from WWE World Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Night Of Champions, and is set to face Rollins in a steel cage match for the title this Saturday at the Madison Square Garden show on WWE Network.

He's off the European tour. Seems to be having a bit of personal shit going on.

WWE U.S. Champion John Cena will be taking time off from wrestling shortly for what the WWE has described as personal reasons.

While we don't know the exact time frame that he will be gone, the 38-year-old Cena isn't advertised on anything after the Hell in a Cell PPV special in late-October starting with the next night's RAW in San Diego, CA. As of now, he is being advertised for their December shows.

As part of the time off, WWE officials have confirmed he will not be appearing on any dates during the company's upcoming 10-day European tour that will see them do shows in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, and Germany.

Cena recently regained the U.S. title from WWE World Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Night Of Champions, and is set to face Rollins in a steel cage match for the title this Saturday at the Madison Square Garden show on WWE Network.

Gonna be a lot of kids gutted over here with him not even on the show.

Must be something pretty big to keep him off shows for a while, unlike Cena to take time off like this, and especially with it coinciding with the European tour.

What ever it is, I wonder if this might be the start of Cena slowing down a bit? We all knew it would come eventually.

If his career follows a similar trajectory to Flair's, as it has done in several other respects, he may only have another 25 years as an active wrestler left.

I still think the ball was dropped with Reigns when Batista won the Rumble. That was the time to pull the trigger on him and he'd be the megastar by the time the next Mania came round.

I can't believe reigns wouldvr got any different a reaction to big Dave that year. Wed have ended up with the same mania with Bryan winning in the end. The only difference is the massive babyfsce pop Rollins would've got when he hit him with chairs.

If Reigns had eliminated Batista at the end of the 2014 Rumble the response would have been positive and a definite star making moment for Reigns, but there's no reason to think WWE could have predicted the negative reaction the match got. Or that they should have called an audible and switched the Rumble to Reigns based on one crowd booing.

Would you then go with Reigns vs. Orton in the main event of Mania XXX? I'd much rather have the Bryan story that we got. Was one of the best stories they've told in years, even if they did so reluctantly.

Is there not the argument that the crowd were only cheering for Reigns in 2014 because Bryan wasn't in and he was the only one who could stop Batista winning? Pretty sure a similar situation happened this year when the crowd got behind Rusev?

I wouldn't say Reigns was only cheered because Bryan wasn't in. He got strong reactions throughout and looked like a fucking badass setting the new record. He was getting over with the crowd big style around that point and I'm sure it was the Survivor Series before it that they went fucking wild for him too.

I think the most pressing question at the min, is who is taking the US title from Cena at HIAC?

After the interaction last week, I'd like it to be Big E.

Kofi/Woods with tag belts and the start of a renewed singles push for E with the US belt, would give the New Day another dimension I think.

I'd like to see him lose it on Raw in an open challenge, probably to a debutant. The announcers keep saying 'sooner or later these open challenges are going to catch up to John' and so it should.

New Day should win the Royal Rumble tbh

Archived