The 'migrant crisis.'

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You are either one of two things, a COWARD for not having the balls to speak up against this or a criminal who in some way profits from the uncontrollable levels of immigration we have had in this country because this is of course the main route of this problem, money!

I'll take criminal, please. Might as well make some cash out of not being a cunt, if that's how it works.

Yeah, I didn't realise it was that subtle. Having not actually made that many posts on here though can realise how that was mistaken.

I am not, nor have I ever been wrestlemaniac. To clarify, I'm happy to allow refugees to move into the area regardless of if they're wearing clothes handed to them from a charity and one of those smartphones anyone can pick up for free with a small pay as you go top up or not.

I just think many people are just fed up of it all, for decades we've given as much as possible in aid, both from the government & public charities.

And it's not made a dent has it?

We're living under austerity, which wasn't our fault, we got fucked over & people are struggling so many might have sympathy, but maybe feel we need to help people here first.

• Moderators

I just think many people are just fed up of it all, for decades we've given as much as possible in aid, both from the government & public charities.

We're living under austerity, which wasn't our fault, we got fucked over & people are struggling so many might have sympathy, but maybe feel we need to help people here first.

So what are you doing to help people here then?

• Paid Members

Sure it is. We voted the Tories in after all. Granted, the alternative wasn't exactly palatable either but then, that's also our fault for letting the Labour Party be hijacked for so very long. Not giving a shit about politics shouldn't excuse what our elected officials do in our name.

I honestly think the biggest issue is that people are just really informed and tend to just believe what the papers tell them. I heard someone the other day say that the Syrians needed to "go to their own Government and get help from them", like they couldn't comprehend the idea that there's several different factions claiming to be the legitimate Government. People also don't seem to understand the part we've played in this either. We not only launched an illegal war, we fucked it up so badly that it destabilised the entire region. That isn't even getting into how the haphazard way we created Iraq and Syria (with Russia and France) after WWI has influenced the situation.

We've fucked up and we've got a responsibility to help the people affected by our actions.

So what are you doing to help people here then?

Like most people, not enough sadly.

People also don't seem to understand the part we've played in this either. We not only launched an illegal war, we fucked it up so badly that it destabilised the entire region. That isn't even getting into how the haphazard way we created Iraq and Syria (with Russia and France) after WWI has influenced the situation.

We've fucked up and we've got a responsibility to help the people affected by our actions.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't do any of that. I wasn't even born until decades after World War 1 times. I'm all for white self-loathing western guilt, but only for stuff that happened in my lifetime and that I had some involvement in.

Archived