The 'migrant crisis.'

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I've also seen numerous polls that sadly suggest that a very large chunk of the population doesn't want to help these refugees, or indeed welcome immigrants to our shores. Could it be said that as a nation we're just a bunch of racist, xenophobic arseholes?

Considering the attitude that the majority of benefits claimants are faced with, it may be that we have a general lack of empathy and willingness to assist those in need.

However, I don't believe that the most vocal equates to the majority. Well, I'd hope not.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question is, can we really complain when the centre-right government that we as a nation democratically voted into power gets all right-wing-y about immigration? 

I've also seen numerous polls that sadly suggest that a very large chunk of the population doesn't want to help these refugees, or indeed welcome immigrants to our shores. Could it be said that as a nation we're just a bunch of racist, xenophobic arseholes?

I wondered if Aylan on the beach and the redtops getting sympathetic had turned immigrants babyface in the eyes of racist idiots. From speaking to my family, it hasn't worked that way at all.

Anecdotally, I've found that welcoming refugees is very popular amongst people who wouldn't have to live next door to them, and not at all popular amongst the people who would. I don't know any Daily Mail types, though. It's all Sun or Guardian in my circles.

Goodness me, oh lord give me strength! Anyone that thinks that taking even more immigrants into the UK is absolutely insane. You are either one of two things, a COWARD for not having the balls to speak up against this or a criminal who in some way profits from the uncontrollable levels of immigration we have had in this country because this is of course the main route of this problem, money! Immigration is big business for those in power!

If we allow all these "Asylum seekers" to cross into our country (carrying their top of the range iphones and wearing the latest expensive sporting gear) then this will just mean an even bigger strain on our schools, health service, housing, benefits system...will I go on? We are one of the most over populated countries in the world and we are merely a tiny little island so a massive number of people trying to live here JUST DOES NOT WORK!

Anyone who reads this and thinks that I'm talking crap well I really feel sorry for you and hope you go to see a doctor and ask if he/she can give you a little thing called...wait for it....COMMON BLOODY SENSE!!!

The PC patrol people out there who will never agree with me will always be like this because they have been brainwashed on immigration, also some who read this will be thinking I am a nazi etc or extremely racist bla bla bla! But if most of the idiots who throw around those words were to look up the definition of this word in what is called a dictionary....you would know that racism/racist is the idea or believe that one race is superior to the other or when you demonstrate an intense dislike to someone based on their skin colour or nationality. So to any normal person with some sense would realise that these are two separate things and always will be!

Europe and especially the UK should wake up and shut the door now before it's too late.

Furthermore, if this post gets taken down it just proves my point!

Good health to every good human being in this world but god help us in the UK from this multicultural shit hole!!!

Goodness me, oh lord give me strength! Anyone that thinks that taking even more immigrants into the UK is absolutely insane. You are either one of two things, a COWARD for not having the balls to speak up against this or a criminal who in some way profits from the uncontrollable levels of immigration we have had in this country because this is of course the main route of this problem, money! Immigration is big business for those in power!

If we allow all these "Asylum seekers" to cross into our country (carrying their top of the range iphones and wearing the latest expensive sporting gear) then this will just mean an even bigger strain on our schools, health service, housing, benefits system...will I go on? We are one of the most over populated countries in the world and we are merely a tiny little island so a massive number of people trying to live here JUST DOES NOT WORK!

Anyone who reads this and thinks that I'm talking crap well I really feel sorry for you and hope you go to see a doctor and ask if he/she can give you a little thing called...wait for it....COMMON BLOODY SENSE!!!

The PC patrol people out there who will never agree with me will always be like this because they have been brainwashed on immigration, also some who read this will be thinking I am a nazi etc or extremely racist bla bla bla! But if most of the idiots who throw around those words were to look up the definition of this word in what is called a dictionary....you would know that racism/racist is the idea or believe that one race is superior to the other or when you demonstrate an intense dislike to someone based on their skin colour or nationality. So to any normal person with some sense would realise that these are two separate things and always will be!

Europe and especially the UK should wake up and shut the door now before it's too late.

Furthermore, if this post gets taken down it just proves my point!

Good health to every good human being in this world but god help us in the UK from this multicultural shit hole!!!

Behave yourself youn absolute cuntrocket.. But just in case your reading this...

Well according to this report from the daily mirror in january 2015 http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/housing-crisis-10-empty-homes-5008151 theres 635,210 empty homes in england alone of which an estimated 200,000 have been left empty for 6 months or so... The conservatives are offering to take in up to 20,000 syrian refugees in over five years so how is this a strain on housing?

And then theres this report in https://www.salford.gov.uk/asylum-myths.htm that puts a few myths to rest such as :

The myth: Asylum seekers come to Britain and are immediately given free homes and full benefits

The truth: They are not allowed to claim mainstream welfare benefits. Asylum seekers benefits are paid by central government's National Asylum Support Service (NASS) and not from local council taxes, this is to cover their accommodation and support costs. From April 2006, a single person aged 25 or over receives £40.22 a week and a couple receives £63.07 a week this is 70% of what a person on Income Support receives and is below the official poverty line. A national report of asylum seekers and refugees, revealed 85% experience hunger, 95% cannot afford to buy clothes or shoes and 80% are not able to maintain good health.

Then theres this from that same information:

The myth: Asylum seekers are a drain on the economy

The truth: After initial barriers such as the ability to speak English and the recognition of overseas qualifications are overcome, refugees can make a valuable contribution as professionals, tax payers and as active members of their local community.

The information is out there if you look for it rather than posting the usual self serving shortsighted bollocks as your entire post..

• Paid Members

If we allow all these "Asylum seekers" to cross into our country (carrying their top of the range iphones and wearing the latest expensive sporting

Everyone escaping from war-torn countries must be poor and in rags or they're just taking the piss.

• Paid Members

I openly admit to having minimal knowledge of politics, but it seems to me that it is not the immigration crisis that is 'ruining' the country, it's the xenophobia and racism that is quickly sweeping the 'Jeremy Kyle Generation'. The amount of times I have seen people post and share the picture of the 'immigrant waving the ISIS flag' as they enter the UK and claiming that the refugees are going to 'burn the country to the ground', all the while not knowing that the picture isn't even from this year and has nothing to do with the refugee crisis, is outstanding.

I am genuinely ashamed to see a big portion of the British public being so heartless as to block people from escaping a war zone and a slum life, all so they can claim to 'keep Britain british', whatever the fuck that means.

If we allow all these "Asylum seekers" to cross into our country (carrying their top of the range iphones and wearing the latest expensive sporting

Everyone escaping from war-torn countries must be poor and in rags or they're just taking the piss.

To be fair, he probably has that attitude when it comes to domestic beggars as well.

Archived