LPW Nemesis - A real treat (Mention UKFF at the door for free entry)

LPW

The bottom line is this – how long are we willing, as wrestlers, to let Adam Bowler run wrestling shows and diminish ourselves as performers?

You can't moan about diminishing yourselves as performers if you are willingly taking booking from people you consider to be ruining the business. They are as much an enabler as his parents.

• Paid Members

The bottom line is this – how long are we willing, as wrestlers, to let Adam Bowler run wrestling shows and diminish ourselves as performers?

You can't moan about diminishing yourselves as performers if you are willingly taking booking from people you consider to be ruining the business. They are as much an enabler as his parents.

^THIS^

I remember getting a bit of flak last time I blamed the boys for this, but once again this show wouldn't be able to happen without the wrestlers. Seriously, how little self respect, and respect for the business do you really have if you're 'working' for someone like Bowler and helping shows like this exist? I'm sure some just saw it as a laugh and a quick buck, but every time a show like this happens it makes the entire industry look pathetic. THIS is why British wrestling doesn't get taken seriously. It's high time that the boys started being more discerning with what bookings they take rather than being so desperate to fill up every weekend with every booking they can possibly find. There's been a million warning signs that Adam's obviously mentally impaired and he shouldn't be putting on this shows, I hope all the guy's the got money out of him are proud of themselves. He's not going to ever 'learn his lesson', as evidenced by every since exchange with him in this thread, so you're not helping him in any way by taking the booking, you're just scamming a simpleton. Well done you. 

I know it doesn't mean much since I promote in a completely different area of the country, but I for one will not be booking anyone who's contributed to these show, and I'd imagine there's plenty of other ticked off promoters thinking the same thing today.

Edited by CoreyVandal

^THIS^

I remember getting a bit of flak last time I blamed the boys for this, but once again this show wouldn't be able to happen without the wrestlers. Seriously, how little self respect, and respect for the business do you really have if you're 'working' for someone like Bowler and helping shows like this exist? I'm sure some just saw it as a laugh and a quick buck, but every time a show like this happens it makes the entire industry look pathetic. THIS is why British wrestling doesn't get taken seriously. It's high time that the boys started being more discerning with what bookings they take rather than being so desperate to fill up every weekend with every booking they can possibly find. There's been a million warning signs that Adam's obviously mentally impaired and he shouldn't be putting on this shows, I hope all the guy's the got money out of him are proud of themselves. He's not going to ever 'learn his lesson', as evidenced by every since exchange with him in this thread, so you're not helping him in any way by taking the booking, you're just scamming a simpleton. Well done you.

I know it doesn't mean much since I promote in a completely different area of the country, but I for one will not be booking anyone who's contributed to these show, and I'd imagine there's plenty of other ticked off promoters thinking the same thing today.

Cant argue with this

From Adam's Facebook.

To Everyone.

I realise that my actions have been inappropriate of someone in my position and would like to apologise to anybody affected by them.

I am going to take a few days out to assess where I and LPW have gone wrong.

After that I hope to comeback revitalised and with a new vision for LPW.

Hopefully together we can build a brand to regain your trust.

Let's hope he is going to get help and if he decides to promote again he tries to start small and maybe learns from someone who can help him.

No, let's hope he learns never to try this lark ever again. It reminds me all of someone once on the X Factor who kept being in bits after another rejection. Cowell called the family in and said they were the reason their daughter was in tears every year and they shouldn't encourage her with lies that she was any good.

• Paid Members

Anyway...

I arrived at the venue around 7, and like a true pro I had all my stuff in a comically small trolley case.

aDSC_0094_zpsbguhu7q3.jpg

The first thing I did was go for a piss, as I'd gone straight from work. I actually saw one of the signs as I went into a cubicle but thought it was just a sign from the venue that they sold Pukka Pies, but I thought it was ironic that there was such an issue over pies at a venue that sold them. It was only as I was about to leave that I had a proper look at it, and promptly burst out laughing. Fortunately I was the only person in there, otherwise my laughter could have been misinterpreted and I could have gotten a kicking.

The set-up in the function room was pretty typical. 16ft ring with the audience on three sides, and the stage behind it. Around the front row however were metal guard rails. The show had a lady as the MC, and fair play to her, she was very good. Confident on the mic, friendly, dressed nicely, and she was just likable. After warming us up with the tried and tested method of seeing if we knew how to cheer, Adam himself came out to address the audience and thank us all for coming.

ated_zpsrttfmgdw.png

The first match was JD Boom vs Alex McKickpads or something. JD Boom's actually a lot better than that promo pic would make you think. The match suffered a bit from "lol, ironic WOS wrestling" and a lack of clear roles (more on this in a minute), but I've seen worse.

aDSC_0061_zpswvx8u6fj.jpg

aDSC_0062_zpszglhz22x.jpg

Next up was Black Gangrel vs JG Nash.

aDSC_0063_zpsagj6qmyq.jpg

aDSC_0065_zpsl7pf588t.jpg

Now, it got confusing here, as Nash brought out JD Boom as his assistant. In the previous match, JD Boom came out first, dominated the technical wrestling, and was the one that brought the belt in to use as a foreign object. Naturally I assumed he was the heel, and yet here he was accompanying the face.

Anyway, this match was a lot better than the first. Strife (the jive bloodsucka) got Nash in the corner and pie faced him.

aDSC_0066_zpswgdhrixs.jpg

So to help revive him, JD Boom brought out the pies.

aDSC_0067_zpscgctgauy.jpg

Sadly it wasn't enough, and Sebb Strife beat him with (I think) a Boston Crab.

It was around this time that I realised that Rob Brydon wasn't going to appear. I could only assume that he had taken ill, as I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

atweet_zpsvpkmkmo5.jpg

• Paid Members

Next up was the triple threat between The UK Kid,

aDSC_0072_zpsbw8v96ad.jpg

Not Jeff Hardy,

aDSC_0070_zpswi50tjr2.jpg

and the Poundland knock-off version of the UK's favourite Pie-Flyer, Johhn Storm.

aDSC_0073_zpspo1vwalb.jpg

This was exactly what you'd expect from a triple threat match with Johnny Storm in, and Johhn Storm did a decent enough job of impersonating him. He wore a hat, and gave us all Storm's trademark moves.

aDSC_0074_zps9hvksucp.jpg

aDSC_0075_zpsuamfqdug.jpg

UK Kid I think would be better as a face, as his attempts to wind up the audience were of the "I shagged your Mum" type comments, and he nailed Not Jeff with one of the most perfect dropkicks I've ever seen, which should have earned him a round of applause.

Not sure who won, as I had to go get my gear on for the rumble.

aDSC_0077_zpsrn62r81p.jpg

• Paid Members

Here's where it gets a bit contentious. The next match was the obligatory 6 man tag clusterfuck. Two "big, hard lads" and the Belgian Bull, vs Danny Steel and two young guys in shiny jackets, but not matching kickpad covers. Missed opportunity there. Also, why isn't Danny Steel "stainless" any more? He could have cutlery hidden in his trunks to use as a weapon. Or maybe he could come to the ring in scrubs, and be Danny "Surgical" Steel.

Anyway, the Belgian Bull is a big lad, throws people round with some nice, no-nonsense throws and suplexes, has decent no-nonsense gear that fits his gimmick. The other two, were..... erm.....

aDSC_0078_zpsjjpeusfa.jpg

The other two were ripped apart by the audience for having shit gear, being out of shape and wearing trainers in the ring. The match was very hit and miss, depending on who was in the ring at any one time.

As with any match where there's three people to land on, there were dives to the outside, albeit quite tentative ones, which suggests the faith they put into those doing the catching.

aDSC_0079_zps4k9bt9u6.jpg

aDSC_0080_zpsvgslmoeb.jpg

aDSC_0081_zpsqw28lo13.jpg

The two young lads in shiny jackets weren't anywhere near as flippy and indy as I'd expected/hoped, but they sold convincingly (possibly too convincingly) when the Belgian Bull was lobbing them around the ring, and finished them off with what looked like a Steiner Screw Driver (my view was partially blocked at this point).

aDSC_0084_zpsiwdp73nm.jpg

Supposedly it was during this match that the "shoot promo" happened, but I didn't hear anything being said against Bowler, the promotion, or anything similar. The audience were having a riot of a time by this point, with "One Pie Dub!" and "Pie and Peas!" chants, and telling the IWO that they were the shits.

Something that I'll mention is how much shift the ring had. The metal feet were directly on the wooden dance floor, and the posts and frame would move that much, that three times during the show belts that were hung over the corner post ended up falling to the floor.

Anyway, back to the action. By this point, the atmosphere was electric, and it's obvious who was having this effect on the audience.

asigns_zpsn0iohpu7.jpg