Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• 4 weeks later...

Anthony Perkins died of AIDS related illness, and his widow died in 9/11 (she was on a plane that flew into the towers)

His story is actually really sad, and I didn't know any of it. Worth reading if you want to depress yourself.

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Anthony Perkins died of AIDS related illness, and his widow died in 9/11 (she was on a plane that flew into the towers)

His story is actually really sad, and I didn't know any of it. Worth reading if you want to depress yourself.

Any good recommendations for things to read pal?

• Paid Members
On 5/6/2024 at 12:04 AM, Frankie Crisp said:

Maya Rudolph is Minnie Riperton’s daughter. Had no idea.

And Lovin' You had this note on Wiki:

According to the liner notes from Riperton's compilation album Petals, the melody for "Lovin' You" was created as a distraction for her baby daughter (Maya Rudolph) so that Minnie and her husband Richard could hang out. Maya was in the studio with Riperton on the day it was recorded and Riperton can be heard singing her daughter's name at the end, but only in the unedited or album version. The song fades out early in the radio edit because the disc jockeys felt that the repeated "Maya" was being overdone and that it would be misunderstood as a religious chant

TIL The crew of the ship that hit the bridge in Baltimore back in March are still onboard. They don’t have the necessary paperwork or visas to disembark and the FBI confiscated their phones as part of the ongoing investigation. Poor fuckers. 

• Paid Members

Via The Curious Orange himself that some of the airship and mine scenes in view to a kill were shot in Sussex 

Also, so I'm told, close up scenes in goldeneye on the damn were in Wales where some shots for the Italian job were made too.

26 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

I've just posted on another thread about the "Streisand effect" and I've just realised that her name is Barbara Streisand. I've been calling her Barbara Streisland forever. I've genuinely never noticed until now. 

It’s actually “Barbra” as well!