What kind of drunk are you?

dopper

I watched the England game in my local last night. A mate joined me after the final whistle after I'd had enough drinks to realise I was affected by it but not full on drunk.

So I thought I was my normal self, but after he giggled his way through a few minutes of conversation I asked what was so funny. He said I was talking REALLY loud.

Normally I go out with my mates from the get-go so they don't notice as much as the night goes on. But a lot of times where somebody sober has joined us after a few drinks have already been drunk they have said the same thing to me.

It's odd because I don't have any other regular symptoms of drunkness at this point, like slurring words or anything. Just the really loud talking.

People can act in a variety of different ways when drunk.

In my circle of friends we have Bamber who can go from being perfectly sober and coherent one minute to fast asleep at the flick of an eye. Math who can't stand still when drunk and just staggers from side to side even when leaning on the bar or table. Bronco gets randy and chats up the nearest group of girls regardless of who they may be. And Brayno who assumes everyone is suddenly looking at him funny and we have to spend the rest of the night convincing him not to fight everybody (he's only a mate of a mate, the kind of dick I don't really like hanging around with because it's too much hard work).

So I ask the good people of the UKFF: what kind of drunk are you?

I'm better drunk than sober. My personality is unleashed where it might be more restrained sober. I know my limits, so I don't tend to be a state now. I'm sick easily - I'll go off, be sick in the toilets, and come back and continue. My mates know I've done it and take the piss. I'm funnier and a smooth conversationalist, whether serious or fun. Luckily I'm not an alcoholic considering.

• Paid Members

I'll start with being super witty and confident after a few drinks then after a couple more I get a bit stupider than normal and stand wobbling about with either a stupid grin or a confused scowl depending on my mood. I'll really try to talk to people and be too drunk to be aware I'm shouting/not making sense/being annoying. Also rarely I can't stop crying and I occasionally fall asleep.

I'm also ridiculously bad at knowing how drunk I am once I've started drinking, I think I'm fine and keep drinking til I pass out when a little restraint would be beneficial.

• Paid Members

I would love to be able to drink copious amounts of alcohol, but I just get sleepier the more I drink. I’ve never been “blotto” or absolutely hammered, because I just wouldn’t be able to stay awake until then.

Upside: I’ve never had to experience a hangover or threw up through drink.

I haven't touched a drop for 6 years. Don't trust myself. Was a horrendous drunk, aggressive violent, out of control. Just not worth it, as I could never stop at 1 or 2, and I was working in a big drink culture place, even bigger than now, which is weird as I now work in recruitment!!!

I'm better off without, as are my family.last thing my kids need to see is me drunk and out of control.

By the way, if you think you're a fun, hilarious funny person when drunk, you're bang wrong and no one else thinks that apart from you!!! ;)

• Paid Members

I employ the homing pigeon approach to drinking. Indulge in too much of the sauce before 'going for a walk' and not remembering anything until waking up the following morning in the house with a sore head and knackered legs.

I'm a lovely drunk though and never get punchy. The extent of my obnoxiousness is generally singing the Soviet national anthem as loudly as possible or having stirring renditions of National Express in the style of Tom Waits.

• Paid Members

I just find being drunk amplifies whatever mood I was already in. If I go out angry at something, I'll really go into myself and sulk. If I go out in a buoyant mood, then I'll find something funny in everything and go giggly. If I'm depressed about something... well, I'll usually be sensible enough to not drink much in a sad state of mind, because it goes very very badly.

I know my limits, so I don't tend to be a state now. I'm sick easily - I'll go off, be sick in the toilets, and come back and continue.

Sure sounds like you know your limits.

Archived