Wrestler's who left a bad impression on you?

truthofsin

• Paid Members

Meeting AJ was okish. I had a Bullet Club shirt on and he smiled and said I had the right shirt on for him. Didn't look happy in the pics though. I asked him to sign a dvd of his that I'd brought to the event which he did. I then bought a shirt for £15 and gave him a twenty. He smiled at me and said "I'm gonna keep that 5 for the dvd" and then I was moved a long. At least he smiled I suppose. Steen didn't charge me for two DVDs that he signed.

Colt Cabana however was a miserable fucker and didn't seem interested in interacting with people and having a joke like he claims on his podcast.

Adam Cole - Very nice and happy to talk to everyone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bad Foley experience here! Disinterested and so concerned about making sure people had paid for his pictures that he just wanted to hurry people along.

Flair was a tad aloof but not rude as such. Just looked up and said hello and that was that.

On the flip side Steve Austin and Bret Hart were diamonds. Austin hugged my nan!

Alex Shane was a personable, interested and considerate guy when I met him a few years back. No ego from where I stood just wanted to find out about me weirdly!

Doug Williams was a strange one. Working on a show in few years back he was in the main event. In the dressing room as we were getting into our gear he barely acknowledged anyone there, only talking with people in the main event. Afterward he was polite enough but a little aloof and disinterested. Probably after years in the job he doesn't want to talk to every fucker he meets!

X-Pac was a prick when I met him. He was nice and all. But he kept throwing a paddy every time someone offered an additional item. I'd even asked beforehand and the company was cool with it. But yeah. Came across as completely rude. Not to mention I wasn't feeling good that day for various reasons. As one of many a lifelong fan, I've never felt so insulted

Meeting AJ was okish. I had a Bullet Club shirt on and he smiled and said I had the right shirt on for him. Didn't look happy in the pics though. I asked him to sign a dvd of his that I'd brought to the event which he did. I then bought a shirt for £15 and gave him a twenty. He smiled at me and said "I'm gonna keep that 5 for the dvd" and then I was moved a long. At least he smiled I suppose. Steen didn't charge me for two DVDs that he signed.

The guy's an uber knob.

• Paid Members

Alex Shane was a personable, interested and considerate guy when I met him a few years back. No ego from where I stood just wanted to find out about me weirdly!

You probably walked off before he had a chance to ask you for money.

Batista are CM Punk were both absolute pricks when I met them. CM Punk always says his attitude depends on how fans treat him, yet I was at an official WWE signing & was completely polite and respectful an he was still vile.

I will say Batista was nice when I met him years later at NXT in Florida last year.

• Paid Members

I can't say I've ever had a bad run in with a wrestler. Don't really go to meet at greets though. I know my little brother when he was about 13 met some of the TNA lads he said Beer Money where great and where actually apologising to fans about how grumpy Styles had reasoning he doesn't like leaving his family. I'm sorry bit your a fucking wrestler. I hate leaving my family as well. That's why I don't do I job that requires that

This thread immediately brought to mind International Showdown, with Punk looking miserable as sin and AJ Styles was only slightly better. But hey, you never know what's going on in people's real lives that day or anything, so unless they're outright rude I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

Conversely, Samoa Joe was the most upbeat, fun-loving guy there. Like a cheeky kid, great guy.

The guy's an uber knob.

So if you hadn't bought the tshirt, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to suddenly decide that it was £5 for an autograph. Schoolboy error there son.

I remember seeing him at an early 1PW trying to charge people £5 to have pics with him using the cameras on their phones whilst everyone else just charged for regular photos. He would say very little to you unless you fluttered a fiver in his face

The following wrestlers I have met were absolutely cunts.

Michael Elgin

Jerry Sags

Demolition

Bret Hart (not really a cunt but very miseraable)

AJ Styles (The first time he was, the second time at the same show he was a lot better but he's not the most talkative person)

Kevin Nash

Kazarian

Oh Colt Cabana and his shilling. He pretty much refuses to talk you unless you buy something. CM Punk's bitch.

Me and Son met Elgin in 2013 and he was an absolute gent to him. We got to the venue early and the lad shouted 'look Dad there's Michael Elgin' and Elgin's face lit up. They spoke about ROH and he happily posed for a pic. I did notice Elgin was bit less enthusiastic with other/older fans.

Raven was the worse, horrid man. Didnt even bother getting the pic I had with him developed afterwards. 

Matt Morgan was an arsehole at a TNA Fan Interaction in 2009. Had a face like Thunder and reluctantly posed for a pic with me (the pic is quite funny because he looks so angry). Just didn't want to be there.

Abyss was also rude, Foley was sarcastic and so was RVD years later at another Fan Interaction.

• Paid Members

I met Foley at Wales Comic Con and he was great to be honest. Made time for everyone and we ended up having a chat about Pele after he spotted my New York Cosmos hoodie, and how he used to go and watch them as a child.

To be fair, all the guests at Wales Comic Con have been fine from my experience. The only one I was a little disappointed with was Ted DiBiase who refused to pose for a photo, but he was fine otherwise.

Hulk Hogan came across really well at the TNA Fan Interaction a few years ago. The organisers were trying to rush people along as some were fannying around and taking an age to take a photo to be fair. But Hulk made sure everyone that wanted got a chance for a handshake, autograph and a pic with the big man.

For some reason TNA decided Earl Hebner was relevant enough for a Fan Interaction signing in Bournemouth in 2010. He was a fucking berk, constantly trying to make sarcastic jokes at the expense of anyone he could. Hernandez telling him to shut up was quite funny.

Surprised to see Elgin, RVD, Abyss, Sags, and Nash mentioned here. I've had great experiences with all. Elgin wasn't the most talkative guy in the world, but was polite and happy to pose for pics. RVD was really laid back the few times i've met him. Abyss was also friendly.. Nash was chilled out, laid back, and having a laugh the entire evening at that Wolfpac show i attended. And Sags joined Knobbs in serenading me with a rendition of Oh Danny Boy when i met them.

Archived