Wrestler's who left a bad impression on you?

truthofsin

• Paid Members

Meeting AJ was okish. I had a Bullet Club shirt on and he smiled and said I had the right shirt on for him. Didn't look happy in the pics though. I asked him to sign a dvd of his that I'd brought to the event which he did. I then bought a shirt for £15 and gave him a twenty. He smiled at me and said "I'm gonna keep that 5 for the dvd" and then I was moved a long. At least he smiled I suppose. Steen didn't charge me for two DVDs that he signed.

The guy's an uber knob.

So if you hadn't bought the tshirt, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to suddenly decide that it was £5 for an autograph. Schoolboy error there son.

I remember seeing him at an early 1PW trying to charge people £5 to have pics with him using the cameras on their phones whilst everyone else just charged for regular photos. He would say very little to you unless you fluttered a fiver in his face

Yeah, that's true. I could've probably got away with it if I didn't want that t shirt so badly. I found Cabana to be worse though. Give me Styles any day.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason TNA decided Earl Hebner was relevant enough for a Fan Interaction signing in Bournemouth in 2010. He was a fucking berk, constantly trying to make sarcastic jokes at the expense of anyone he could. Hernandez telling him to shut up was quite funny.

He was signing when I went this year in Manchester. While I didn't bat an eye much. The idea of the signature of the most infamous referee ever would've been a fun adittion to my programmes, he along with Aries who was with him buggered off before I got to meet him. Wasn't really bothered. But the fact Aries went off too. Gutted is the understatement of the century. Would've been epic to meet The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. Still had fun though.

My worst experiences probably were:

Bryan Danielson: after a wXw show he refused to have his pic taken with me. While it's everyone's right to say yes or no of course, it's very uncommon for this to happen, as most wrestlers I've met are more than happy to pose for a pic.

Bret Hart: I've met him at an AWR show in 2009. Paid for a pic. He didnt even get up from his chair, didnt even bother looking into the camera. What an ass!!!

Fortunately, there have been MUCH more good than bad experiences. The best:

Mitsuharu Misawa: after the show he didnt come out to pose for pics, but I have asked his handler/ manager why not. He said it he poses for one pic, then everyone will want to have a pic as well. So when I said that we could also take a pic elsewhere, to my surprise he said follow me. We went to Misawa's dressing room, where I had to wait outside. After a minute his handler came back and said ok, come in. I was shocked. Misawa greeted me with a smile and a handshake and was a true gentleman. A legend in every sense of the word.

Mortis (Chris Kanyon): I have met him at a WCW show in 1996. Even though he was a heel at the time, he went out of his way to be nice to the fans and pose for pics.

PAC: such a nice, down to earth guy. Ive met him at a show where all wrestlers were supposed to ask money for pics, but he refused to accept money.

Sabu/ RVD: Sabu was very humble, RVD his cocky self, but in a good way. Very much into meeting the fans, taking their time for everybody and were in a great mood.

I met CM Punk at an FWA show in York Hall years ago when he hadn't been around for very long at all and half the crowd there weren't even entirely sure who he was. He was massively arrogant and seemed like a cock even back then so god knows what he must be like in person now.

Mark me down as for another Foley being a dick, I think it was the TWC or International Showdown event in Coventry and he was just a complete wanker to everything there seemingly. So much so infact that after me queuing and watching his interactions with others in front of me I changed my mind and stopped queuing.

Steve Corino, Bryan Danielson in his American Dragon days, Kevin Steen/Owens, Joey Ryan, Terry Funk were all really nice guys who seemed very down to earth and seemed like they were genuinely happy to chat away to people.

• Paid Members

Bret Hart: I've met him at an AWR show in 2009. Paid for a pic. He didnt even get up from his chair, didnt even bother looking into the camera. What an ass!!!

Doesn't he have some trouble with camera flashes, on account of a stroke or head injury or similar?

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

• Paid Members

Doesn't he have some trouble with camera flashes, on account of a stroke or head injury or similar?

When he appeared in Sheffield for 1PW we were under instruction not to use flash around him for this reason.

• Paid Members

When he appeared in Sheffield for 1PW we were under instruction not to use flash around him for this reason.

He runs on HTML 5.

• Paid Members

Terry Funk Steve Coribo and Jimmy Hart are the most resoundingly nice, talkative and just seemingly appreciative guys I've had the pleasure to meet in wrestling.

I must have met a lot of guys when they were in a good mood or something, because half the names mentioned here I found to be quite pleasant, but maybe it's to do with my approach.

Chris Hero was an absolute pleasure.

The few times I met Punk he was absolutely fine and responsive.

Cabana again was fine, shilling away granted but he's trying to earn a living, I can remember before an FCW show in Baggeridge I spent a good 30 mins chatting with him and trying to explain the rules of crown lawn bowls as a bunch of 90 year olds were playing next to the venue. Nice fella.

Surprised to hear negative comments about Chris Daniels he was always up for talking wrestling with me, especially regards his stuff in Japan.

Raven was the only slightly negative American I can think of, but after having a pic I stood back and watched and felt very sorry for him. There he was sat at a table with 100+ people clamouring at him with no actual respect or common courtesy for Raven at all.

Biggest dicks I've ever met in wrestling have all been Britwres residents, with Duke of Danger and Hade Vansen being the biggest pricks of them all.

Duke of Danger especially, there I was sat on a train to Broxbourne, when a few stops before Duke and Nikita get on, Dukes face as he recognised a fan on the same train as him was so off! I'm not sure what annoyed him more though, me being on the train with him and the potential for harassment or the fact I just turned Charlie Patton up on my Archos and pretty much ignored him.

Archived