Wrestler's who left a bad impression on you?

truthofsin

• Paid Members

Not to retread old threads but I had perfectly nice experiences meeting Styles, Punk and the Hitman.

Scott Steiner, on the other hand, was a fucking prick. Although that may have been attributable to the massive hangover he had at the time. He'd been spotted throwing up in a bin less than an hour before the Meet and Greet and been in too much of a state to appear as scheduled in the Q&A beforehand.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we went to Mania last year I have to say none of the guys really put me off at all. DDP, Honky Tonk Man, Roddy Piper, even the Steiners, reading this thread I had a little smile about something each of them said in our brief interactions. Bret Hart was a bit aloof, but that was it. Bobby Heenan was the coolest. My buddy was wearing the shirt of our podcast, and he asked what it was. When we told him, he then insisted on having the picture taken with him flipping the middle finger at it. He could barely talk because of the throat surgeries and stuff but he was still an absolute joy.

1979638_10153976994090524_84099473890051

Only bad experience I've ever had was Eugene at a PCW show, never said two words to me when I tried to chat to him. 

• Paid Members

Not to retread old threads but I had perfectly nice experiences meeting Styles, Punk and the Hitman.

Scott Steiner, on the other hand, was a fucking prick. Although that may have been attributable to the massive hangover he had at the time. He'd been spotted throwing up in a bin less than an hour before the Meet and Greet and been in too much of a state to appear as scheduled in the Q&A beforehand.

Got to work with the Steiners that weekend. Rick was an awesome bloke, Scott wasn't really much bad cop, I'd say he was more "all business".

I did a shop run for him cos he wanted 10 apples and 5 oranges ha. Got the order the wrong way around and Rick was winding me up saying "ohhhh that's gonna make Scotty mad". Scott comes over, takes the fruit, looks at it, gives it a good analysis, stares right at me, grins and says "heh... Good enough kid" and walks off. Rick then starts giggling and going "Ohhh you got him on a good day".

I liked the Steiners, Scott is fucking intimidating though.

Might post some or all my filming encounters when I finish work. They were all pretty positive mostly baring one or two people we caught on off days.

• Paid Members

I found Steiner to be a bit of a dick when I met him at a tna do.

He was just chuntering to JJ, who also couldn't have given less of a fuck about being there, the whole time scribbling shit down without even looking.

I could have put a rare photo of Sean Connery already signed by Rodger Moore in front of them while I stood with my trousers around my ankles and they wouldn't have noticed.

Alex Shelly was a absolute cunt at that too.

James Storm seemed really nice when I met him, as he's been mentioned, but certainly not comfortable in the setting.

I've had a good experience meeting Foley too, twice in fact.

Some one mentioned Sabu, he seemed really cool. He signed everything without asking for more money too. He actually did it without me knowing and signed a plastic A4 wallet with a dvd case in by mistake before signing some other stuff. As a result I now keep my HMRC paperwork in a sabu autograph plastic wallet.

No one in wrestling could be nicer Than Terry Funk or JB though. Just seemed so sound. JB on about 4 meet and greets and just randomly sitting behind us at shows and putting up with a line of fans with a smile on his face and a sound of real joy in his voice.

• Paid Members

What I've learned so far is that it depends on the day whether they'll be in a good mood or bad mood. Like the rest of us. I bet if you met the ones who were nice on a different occassion, they'd be dickheads and vice versa. Foley was alright when I met him. Bret Hart was wonderful. Renee Dupree seemed like a right cock. Gangrel was shovelling crisps down like they were going out of fashion and his taxi was waiting, but he still gave me the time out day. Daniel Bryan and Doug Williams were absolute diamonds, though. Probably why I love Bryan so much and want to see him do well. He was just great with everyone when I met him.

wow BPP doesnt strike me as a drinker

Also at PCW, Animal. I payed 20 quid for the photo and said to him, "L.O.D. meant the world to me when I was growing up." He just nodded. I wasn't expecting him to break bread with me, but a "Thanks" would have done.

Funny you should mention this,as i skipped meeting him at PCW due to knowing i'd be meeting him at Comic Con the following day. And he was great. during the photo op i had he asked if i wanted to wear the spikes, so i was honest "since i was about 6" lol. Got a laugh out of him. Good guy. So i guess it adds to the argument that it depends on the day for some.

The mentions of Foley always surprise me, as he's been great each time i've met him. Even signed something 4 times for me cracking a joke about me being cheeky (Cactus, Dude, Mankind, Mick).

• Paid Members

CM Punk: None less punk. Dick.

Yeah he was a bit of a dick one time I met him, although first time I met him he was sound. It was at Uprising II during the bomb scare evacuation and unlike the other wrestlers, Punk came over and stood with us fans. I chatted to him about his try-out with WWE in Chicago amongst other things and he was a decent guy.

Second time I met him I got took a picture of him with my phone. He whined about me not buying one of his pictures instead, so I caved and bought one (crappy coloured artist image for a fiver). He barely thanked me and didn't even sign it. He may as well have been working in a poxy Londis.

Add me to the Aj list, met him twice both times just not interested. Which is funny considering he prides himself on being this dedicated good Christian.

And Motor City Machine guns were total dicks also, I'm so glad the one isn't dating Velvet Sky anymore

I tend to avoid meet and greets as they're not really my thing. Although you can't help but run into wrestlers at the merch table. Michael Elgin was the only guy who seemed a bit off, he's pretty curt and more interested in selling you stuff.

CM Punk, Alex Shelley & Batista are the only wrestlers I've ever had a bad experience with.

I've met CM Punk at WWE signing and he literally couldn't of made it any more obvious that he didn't wanna talk and didn't want to be there.

Same with Batista years ago at a woolworths signing. Even the staff were apologising to fans as they left.

Alex Shelley was at a TNA signing where he didn't want to talk to talk photos and just spent the entire time talking to Jeff Jarrett.

Add me to the Aj list, met him twice both times just not interested. Which is funny considering he prides himself on being this dedicated good Christian.

And Motor City Machine guns were total dicks also, I'm so glad the one isn't dating Velvet Sky anymore

Is it one of the commandments? Thou must be good at signings.

Archived