Wrestler's who left a bad impression on you?

truthofsin

Mick Foley was a disinterested, money grabbing bastard. He didn't seem to be happy being there and constantly asked his helper if people had paid. As though we were all going to nick his stuff.

Ric Flair was polite enough but I got the feeling we were just like a conveyer belt to him. He said 'hello sir' without looking up and signed before I was corralled off to the exit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lex Luger and Sting refused to sign autographs for the ten people waiting for them after a show. A task which would have taken 5 minutes tops.

To be honest, I never blame wrestlers for that. They're tired, in a rush to get out, and if they get caught signing could end up there all day.

Completely agree - if you annoy someone in an airport or while eating, and then say afterwards that they were rude to you, you're really the only knob in that scenario.

My misery list:

AJ Styles - face like a wet fortnight, not chatty at all.

Chris Hero - When winning a competition at a Noah Show few year back, got to be a second for Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli, Claudio (Nice Bloke), Hero (didn't seem as receptive, just seemed a dick)

• Paid Members

In relation to the above with Sting & Luger ...

The coach they were on didn't leave for at least another half an hour with them on it. There was no more than 10 people waiting. Gangrel, Luna and Buff Bagwell all happily signed after them.

I know it was probably easier for them to just sign stuff since they're waiting anyway, but I give them full exoneration once the show is over and they're packed up and trying to leave. It's their own time, and you don't know what's going on in their lives.

Only had a few bad experiences meeting wrestlers, and none really bad.

Robbie E was probably the worst.  Just seemed like a dick.

JTG wasn't particularly interested when I met him, and thought he was a nob, but met him again a year or two later and he was cool, so maybe a bad day.  Same went for Justin Gabriel.

Tommy Dreamer was a bit miserable and clearly uninterested, but so would I be if I was sat in the corner of a basketball court in Stevenage.

The worst, in my experience, were Davey Richards and Michael Elgin. I took my little brother to his first wrestling show and he went purchased a tour poster and asked all the wrestlers he could find to sign it, they all obliged except for Richards and Elgin, who demanded a tenner each to sign it. As he came back to me he said "Those two wouldn't sign it but everyone else did," and as I looked up to see who, both of them were basically staring me down, daring me to go up and have a moan about it. It's not even the fact they charged per se, just the fact they totally brushed off a kid and then tried to be all threatening to me about it.

Mick Foley was a bit standoffish the second time I met him, whilst he was quite nice the first time. Probably worth pointing out we were near the front of the queue first time, and one of the very last the second.

• Paid Members

Kendo Nagasaki. Arsehole of the highest order.

I could not agree more with this.  Met him years ago at a UCW event in Trowbridge, he blanked everyone there and refused to answer any questions, unless of course you wanted a picture, which his agent demanded a fiver for.

• Moderators

Not a bad impression as such, but I remember having a really awkward chat with Sonjay Dutt when I was waiting to meet and get a pic with Homicide. I didn't really like his wrestling so I didn't want to be all fake and pretend I was a big fan, but I didn't want to be rude. So it was just proper small talk.

• Paid Members

I fully understand that wrestlers will treat me differently than a fan but on the whole have always found most guys to be ace.

The other week I was with X-Pac and we got talking , he said he hates it when wrestlers phoned it in at signings and it only takes half a minute to make it a special experience for somebody - was a true pro and every fan we had said nothing but nice things about him which is always nice to hear.

Archived