UFC 184: Rousey vs Zingano

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

First to David, I do see where you're coming from, and you're correct that the idea is to grow the audience and you are a potential person they could perhaps aim at as you are an mma fan. That said, I think Supremo is specifically relating to the fact that you've outright shat on women's mma in the past without giving it much of an opportunity to impress. Your opinion on women's mma is fine and you are certainly not alone, but when you've said in the past that when a women's fight was on you would actively switch off what hope is there? They may see you or a fan of that ilk as a pointless target?

Edit: - Just seen Supremo's response after I was typing this.

Supremo, I actually was saying something similar regarding the calibre of Mendes' opponents when the discussion of Mcgregor earning his shot at the title comparing the opponents he had faced. I agree that his opponents weren't world class, but it was evident that he added new skills to his striking game and ultimately it's what gave Aldo problems in the rematch.

Tate has displayed a lot heart but wrestling was always her strongest point.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bethe Correia Is already playing the game spectacularly:

I don't think she's a good champion," Correia said through a translator, while speaking to media backstage at UFC 184.

"I think she's really selfish. She just thinks about herself, about making movies, dressing well, showing up. I'm not gonna be like this, I'm gonna be a real champ. I'm gonna do something for the people. I'm gonna be the people's champ."

• Paid Members

It's a real shame Shayna Bayzler doesn't seem have the skills to put together a few wins over the top five. Her and Ronda have said they'd fight each other if needed, and I could see the entire build-up just involving Josh Barnett teaching them lines to use from Dusty and Horsemen promos.

First to David, I do see where you're coming from, and you're correct that the idea is to grow the audience and you are a potential person they could perhaps aim at as you are an mma fan. That said, I think Supremo is specifically relating to the fact that you've outright shat on women's mma in the past without giving it much of an opportunity to impress. Your opinion on women's mma is fine and you are certainly not alone, but when you've said in the past that when a women's fight was on you would actively switch off what hope is there? They may see you or a fan of that ilk as a pointless target?

Funnily enough, Dana was exactly the same in his opinion of female MMA before he saw the dollar signs in Rousey, wasn't he? They're good athletes etc, but not interested, right?

Female MMA is still in its infancy, and as such there's not much by way of high quality fighters out there in my opinion. And don't think I'm saying this as someone who hasn't watched, because I have. I've watched female MMA in the past (primarily Strikeforce) and I wasn't all that impressed by what I've seen. Technique is rather sloppy, stand-up is basic, wrestling and grappling isn't all that good compared to the guys in my opinion, and in an era where there are fights virtually every weekend I tend to pick and choose what I watch.

Not being a fan of something doesn't mean I can't comment on it though, and me saying that the idea of trying to sell someone who hasn't really looked like beating Rousey in her past two losing efforts as suddenly a legit challenge isn't all that off, is it? 

What Supremo did was deliberately ignore my point and resorted to petty jibes, which was quite poor to be honest.

• Paid Members

In regards to Rousey/Tate III, it's basically a massive piggy bank the UFC can crack open with hammer anytime they want some cash. Rogan pretty much said at the weekend that you're an idiot if you believe anybody currently in that division has a shot (which is probably fair), so they may as well have Ronda face off against her most famous foe, and the lass that gave Rousey her hardest test in UFC.

Their dynamic is a promoters dream, as it draws in all sorts.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's got to be Rousey vs Correia next, hasn't it? It makes all the sense in the world. Maybe that's why Correia hasn't had a fight booked yet as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rousey vs Correia announced fairly sharpish. I could see it being booked for either the June or August PPVs. I'd have said July but that one already has two title fights.

Like Bifkin, I'd also like to see it happen in Brazil. When is the TUF Brazil final meant to be? That'll be on PPV won't it, considering they were planning on having both Anderson Silva and Shogun on there. Obviously now Anderson is out that might've changed but I'd fucking love to see Ronda go into enemy territory against Correia.

A PPV with;

Rousey vs Correia

Shogun vs ?? maybe Rampage depending on when the fight is

Big Nog vs Frank Mir 3 or Struve or something

And then the TUF Brazil finals

That would be incredible.

Julianna Pena could be an interesting contender to Rousey if she can build momentum when she returns next month. She looked great on TUF, is young and pretty, and most importantly, was on Team Tate. She'd make a great surrogate for Miesha if the UFC brass want to keep Rousey vs. Tate III as a "break glass in case of emergency" thing.

• Paid Members

Meltzer said they will probably do a Beth Correia Vs Jessica Eye match and the winner of that gets Rousey as Rousey has movie commitments coming up.

That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Eye is surely the only other person close to being the next option for Ronda. Why have her face Correia and eliminate one of the only two contenders you've got?

Archived