Worst Runs

LEGIT

I always assumed that they had big plans for Ludvig Borga the way they had him smash his way through the mid card babyfaces and break Tatanka's undefeated streak on an episode of Superstars which I always thought was a weird thing to do, they could've at least done it on Raw. Anyway come January he was pulled from his Rumble match with Tatanka due to injury and he was never heard of or seen again.

I think the plans at one point were for him to drop the title to Luger in the main event of WrestleMania X. I remember reading it a couple of months ago, it might have been in the Observer (maybe one from the time) but Undertaker was to beat Yokozuna at the Rumble and then lose the title to Borga shortly after.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looked good, but he still had his demons I think.  It was a pretty steep slope from returning at the Royal Rumble to being dead a year later, via some embarrassing appearances in TNA.

He was only 44.  It shows how much wrestling has aged that in 2002 he seemed like a relic from a bygone era, and now The Rock is 42, Triple H is 45 and we've got no problems with them still at the top.

He could / should have had a Shawn Michaels style run if there was any justice.

• Paid Members

1992 to 2002 was forever in wrestling. 2004 to 2014.....not so much

Absolutely. It's incredible to think how little has changed between 04-14 compared to 92-02. Wrestlers these days are around for so much longer. That's clean(er) living for you.

• Moderators

Duggan and Bossman did ok, well Bossman did at first. Awesome matches with Rick Rude, Sting and Vader in and around the main events. It's only when he joined the Dungeon of Doom it really went terrible. Duggan had a fucking BLINDER with Vader over the US Title and got to treat Steve Austin as his bitch.

• Paid Members

Just sprung to mind. Anyone remember Marcus Cor Von? He had such a good run as The Alpha Male Monty Brown in TNA, but it never quite clicked in WWE after The New Breed.

Monty was ace, and wwe seemed keen and I thought he did click. I think they would have done something with him eventually had he not called it a day to look after family.

Not a main eventer but could have been a strong midcard name I say.

Archived