Worst Runs

LEGIT

I always assumed that they had big plans for Ludvig Borga the way they had him smash his way through the mid card babyfaces and break Tatanka's undefeated streak on an episode of Superstars which I always thought was a weird thing to do, they could've at least done it on Raw. Anyway come January he was pulled from his Rumble match with Tatanka due to injury and he was never heard of or seen again.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always assumed that they had big plans for Ludvig Borga the way they had him smash his way through the mid card babyfaces and break Tatanka's undefeated streak on an episode of Superstars which I always thought was a weird thing to do, they could've at least done it on Raw. Anyway come January he was pulled from his Rumble match with Tatanka due to injury and he was never heard of or seen again.

Last I read he was a politician in Finland now. Seems to have done well for himself.

Last I read he was a politician in Finland now. Seems to have done well for himself.

He died in 2010. He was only 47

Big Show has had so many bad runs in the WWE right from when he debuted to present. The worst being the start of his acting career when he began doing impressions in 2000. Didn't Vince claim he knew how to book him when he was in WCW? Then when he came over made a complete dogs dinner of him. 

2000 impressions Big Show was as good as he's ever been.

Meltzer talked about Vince knowing how to book Big Show on a WrestleMania 15 podcast that was rerun on the Observer TLC audio review. When Show was in WCW, Meltzer and Vince had a good old conversation about how they'd book him, which was basically the way Vince Sr booked Andre. But by the time he actually got to the WWF, it was the attitude era and there was no way he was going to be sent off to Japan/Europe/wherever for half the year and only do TV once every couple of months.

Then he lost his first proper match anyway, and he was finished as far as being the new Andre. Has Russo ever talked much about Big Show? I find the constant bungling of him in 1999 fascinating, and I'd love to hear a podcast or something about it from people who were on the inside. Maybe Austin, JR and Russo. When Show came in, he was supposed to be facing Austin at WrestleMania 2000. Instead, he did it on Raw straight away and lost -- was that just a brainfart, an Austin power play, or what? After that, they didn't know what to do with him.

• Paid Members

Hardcore Holly's WWE run for the title in 2004 was another bad one. Interesting promos but just flopped as a main guy. 

Would most people not consider that to be Holly's best run?

I'd say it was looking his best run , built well then WWE pulled a load of time of the match at the last minute , think it might have been Hunter and HBK going way over before it.

Are there any Borga fans on here? As far as I'm aware I'm the only one who thought he was amazing. The look and presence. And his reckless brawling and punching. I really liked his short run, thought he had the look and decent ability. He had a few good matches on RAW in '93.

Randy Savage had a pretty awful TNA run. Test's wasn't much to write home about either.

The worst WWE run I can think of which hasn't already been mentioned is Scott Steiner's 2002-03 spell.

What exactly did Randy Savage do in TNA? I was always under the impression it was a one off thing? Was it actually a run?

As for Steiner, it was strange, somehow he convinced wwe he was an A-List star and arrived under so much hype. He made plenty of money from all reports also

He joined to rise against TNA's version of The Kings Of Wrestling (Jarrett, Nash and Hall) after they cost Jeff Hardy the title at Victory Road 2004. He had a match at Turning Point teaming with Hardy and AJ Styles. I think the plan for Savage was for him to become No.1 Condender at the next PPV, win the title from Jarrett and drop it back at the one after that, but it got pulled due to health concerns.

I need to watch this stuff, I always thought he just made a non wrestling appearence at a ppv and that was it. Thanks for the info.

As for Steiner, it was strange, somehow he convinced wwe he was an A-List star and arrived under so much hype. He made plenty of money from all reports also

He was an A-List star.  Listen to the reaction when he turns up.  The first half of his feud with HHH was ace.

There were two problems with that WWE run - 

- he wasn't fully fit.  He persuaded them that he was, but he was clearly still suffering from his drop foot issues and was not in ring condition.  A good few years later, when he arrived in TNA, he had much better matches

- they didn't protect him, or more likely noticed the above and decided to bury him.  That Royal Rumble match is way too long for a first match back, and Steiner is expected to carry too much of it.  Plus HHH looks like he sandbags quite a bit.

I don't think anyone really wanted him to succeed, similar to Goldberg, DDP et al.  You do wonder why they bothered in some respect.

Was he really an A-lister? He was only the last WCW champion because everybody else had given up and gone home.

I have always liked Steiner but i have never seen him as an A-Lister. He has spent his career being a solid mid carder who flirts with main event and is useful to have around for heel storylines.

If my memory serves correctly didn't the crowd bore of him by the rumble match and just shit on it all?

Just about every ECW Original in the 2006 re-launch. Of all of them, Tommy Dreamer was the last damn survivor. 

I was gutted when they got rid of Balls Mahoney, I was enjoying his work on ECW weekly, nice little angle with Kelly Kelly- giving hope to losers like me- then he just disappeared.

They could have used the ECW credibility of guys like Mahoney and Justin Credible to have proper feuds with the new blood of ECW, as well as the likes of RVD and Sabu. RVD vs. Punk, Punk vs. Credible, Punk vs. Mahoney, Sabu vs. Morrison, RVD vs. Morrison... so much potential to better use the talent and legacies available!

Bulldog during the piss soaked jeans run was the pits, he was physically fucked due to his back injuries, ruined by pills and was a bloated mess, he was also bright purple, had awful entrance music and wore jeans all the time (aside from the six pack challenge)

"wheres my title shot?!"

This is my favourite nomination so far.

Attitude era Bulldog was painfully crap. Weird looking banged-up purple guy with drug face, stone washed jeans and black boots running around giving terrible heel promos:

"Thoore are too - many - wimin - in the Woold Wrestlin' Fedoorayshoon... And they DON'T - belong eeor!"

"WHOORE'S MOY TITLE SHOT!?"

Classic wrestlecrap though.

• Moderators

Probably the time CM Punk shat himself in the ring last year.

Both of these are massively hilarious for different reasons... brilliant.

• Paid Members

I loved the spot at Summerslam 93 where he threw Marty Jannetty up in the air, and punched him in the ribs on the way down. Don't think I'd seen that before.

Are there any Borga fans on here? As far as I'm aware I'm the only one who thought he was amazing. The look and presence. And his reckless brawling and punching. I really liked his short run, thought he had the look and decent ability. He had a few good matches on RAW in '93.

• Moderators

Randy Savage had a pretty awful TNA run. Test's wasn't much to write home about either.

The worst WWE run I can think of which hasn't already been mentioned is Scott Steiner's 2002-03 spell.

What exactly did Randy Savage do in TNA? I was always under the impression it was a one off thing? Was it actually a run?

He joined to rise against TNA's version of The Kings Of Wrestling (Jarrett, Nash and Hall) after they cost Jeff Hardy the title at Victory Road 2004. He had a match at Turning Point teaming with Hardy and AJ Styles. I think the plan for Savage was for him to become No.1 Condender at the next PPV, win the title from Jarrett and drop it back at the one after that, but it got pulled due to health concerns.

I need to watch this stuff, I always thought he just made a non wrestling appearence at a ppv and that was it. Thanks for the info.

He was an A-List star.  Listen to the reaction when he turns up.  The first half of his feud with HHH was ace.

There were two problems with that WWE run - 

- he wasn't fully fit.  He persuaded them that he was, but he was clearly still suffering from his drop foot issues and was not in ring condition.  A good few years later, when he arrived in TNA, he had much better matches

- they didn't protect him, or more likely noticed the above and decided to bury him.  That Royal Rumble match is way too long for a first match back, and Steiner is expected to carry too much of it.  Plus HHH looks like he sandbags quite a bit.

I don't think anyone really wanted him to succeed, similar to Goldberg, DDP et al.  You do wonder why they bothered in some respect.

Was he really an A-lister? He was only the last WCW champion because everybody else had given up and gone home.

I have always liked Steiner but i have never seen him as an A-Lister. He has spent his career being a solid mid carder who flirts with main event and is useful to have around for heel storylines.

Ballcocks. If you go back and watch the shows he was ready for the rocket as early as early 1999.

Bulldog during the piss soaked jeans run was the pits, he was physically fucked due to his back injuries, ruined by pills and was a bloated mess, he was also bright purple, had awful entrance music and wore jeans all the time (aside from the six pack challenge)

"wheres my title shot?!"

This is my favourite nomination so far.

Attitude era Bulldog was painfully crap. Weird looking banged-up purple guy with drug face, stone washed jeans and black boots running around giving terrible heel promos:

"Thoore are too - many - wimin - in the Woold Wrestlin' Fedoorayshoon... And they DON'T - belong eeor!"

"WHOORE'S MOY TITLE SHOT!?"

Classic wrestlecrap though.

I remember him facing a jobber on Metal when he was on the way out and he spent large periods of the match doing the wind up middle finger to the crowd. Pretty sad to see.

Archived