Worst Runs

LEGIT

image.jpg

I'm watching WWF 1995 just now and Dean Douglas is SO bad. Now, I'm not Douglas biggest fan, but he did have talent and charisma.

Dean Douglas was awful though. His Report Card promos were a waste of time, the scratching of the chalkboard, it was the infamous wrong kind of heat, IMO. He barely won a match, played a cowardly boffin and lasted no time whatsoever.

I'm struggling to think of someone whose had a worse run with a promotion. Especially for someone who was semi-decent.

Your thoughts? Suggest some yourself.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as wrestlers with massive potential having poor runs, I'd say DDP in WWF/E.

DDP_zpsaa88dfd9.jpg

Looks like he's staring down the barrel of a gun, poor sod.

To be fair he probably had the worst introduction to the WWE ever playing the part of a stalker to the Undertaker's wife. Which lasted all of 4 weeks for a shitty blow off match at KOTR. The whole thing was stupid. DDP's character was doomed in WWE. Even Taker spoke out about how pointless the feud was.

Dustin Rhodes' run as Black Reign in TNA was horrendous.  Fat, unmotivated, and generally an all-round embarrassment.  Amazing to think how he turned it all around.

Black%20Reign.jpg

Funnily enough, when they started this angle as Dustin Rhodes going a bit mental, I liked the angle. But it turned into this and along with Rellik ('That's Killer backwards Taz/Don'.) and no, did not do it for me. 

Worst run, probably Public Enemy in WWF. Turned up, had the shit kicked out of them and out the door. Short but shit. 

Black Reign is a good shout. Another bad run is Dustin Rhodes as Seven. Although, I will say that I thought the vignettes were good, then WCW pissed it all away (either due to a potential media blaclash of Seven portraying what seemed like a child kidnapper or a trademark Russo swerve) and Rhodes then started wrestling as the American Nightmare.

Dustin Rhodes' run as Black Reign in TNA was horrendous.  Fat, unmotivated, and generally an all-round embarrassment.  Amazing to think how he turned it all around.

Black%20Reign.jpg

Funnily enough, when they started this angle as Dustin Rhodes going a bit mental, I liked the angle. But it turned into this and along with Rellik ('That's Killer backwards Taz/Don'.) and no, did not do it for me. 

Worst run, probably Public Enemy in WWF. Turned up, had the shit kicked out of them and out the door. Short but shit.

It is said Dustin refuses to talk about this point in his career

Buff Bagwell in WWF has to be right up there.

Stayed just long enough to piss off loads of people, get into a fight with Shane Helms and have an absolute stinker with Booker T that soured the WWF high-ups on running WCW as an ongoing entity on their own TV. Then kicked out the door, never to return to proper telly.

Last seen actually whoring himself on reality television.

Archived