Worst Runs

LEGIT

It is said Dustin refuses to talk about this point in his career

From his book:

"Eventually, and thanks to my dad, I started working for Total Nonstop Action for $1,000 a show. He was the boss, right under Dixie Carter. TNA wasn't doing too well at that point, but I had a job making okay money. I could drive home just about every night. All I was doing was what little I had to do in the ring, then hanging out spending my money on coke, pills and booze."

"I started making excuses for why I couldn't hang with Dakota. Subconsciously I probably knew I didn't want her around me or my girlfriend because the environment was so toxic. Despite the chaos, I showed up every night for work."

"I have no idea how I was able to stay on point with work at that time. One of my cardinal rules was never to drink before I worked a match. I wouldn't consider doing coke before a match either."

"I'd take painkillers, fine. I had been taking painkillers for so long that I had convinced myself I really need them. I was taking medicine because I worked in a tough business. That was the story I had cemented into my mind."

"But drugs have a way of altering everything, including the stories you tell yourself. Eventually, I started doing a little coke before matches while retaining my vow to never drink alcohol before I go into the ring, as if that was something to be proud of."

"Every morning, as soon as I pulled myself out of bed, I'd take three Vicodins or Lortabs just to get moving. I was sore and pretty banged up physically, but over time pain pills exaggerated rather than eliminated whatever pain I was feeling."

"It was a slow process for me to get into the day. I'd get that first rush from pills and then I'd get moving. I might do something around the house, or jump into my truck and drive to the river to work on this book."

"I was probably taking close to 40 pills a day at the end. I was so desperate that I actually bought pain pills from drug dealers because I would run out long before I could find another doctor to write a prescription."

"If I dropped a pill and it fell into the carpet, I would spend hours down on my hands and knees trying to find it. At the same time I was drinking so much that I'd wake up dizzy and unable to walk."

"Finally, after a three-day binge, I'd had enough. It was raining, I pulled myself up and walked right out the door. The rain was pouring down and I stumbled up a hill near this house where I knew I could get cell-phone reception."

"Somehow, I managed to call my dad. It was 4:30 in the morning. I was falling down the hill in the mud. Ta-rel (his girlfriend) was trying to hold me up. I was scared half to death. I managed to get into the house, soaking wet."

"I had found the bottom."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tried to recreate the nwo in tna?

When Hogan came in 2010, he brought in a load of people, including Val Venis, Nasty Boys, Bubba the Love Sponge, his daughter, Eric Bischoff and Son, etc. He also brought in Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, since Big Kev was already there and in alliance with cool heel Eric Young (I loved it) and his World Elite (Homicide, Abdul Bashir (Daivari), Doug Williams, Magnus, Rob Terry and Kiyoshi(?) (Some Japanese Muta knock off anyway).

Initially everyone thought Kev wouldn't side with Hall and Waltman but swerved Eric Young and jacknifed him, and spray painted around his body (which was pretty cool image) Eric and 'The Band' feuded but Hall and Waltman sobered up enough to find the exit and it died a quick death after making Eric look like a pile of shit, Eric would later relaunch his career by taking a wicked looking bump off the turnbuckles to the floor and pretending to be knocked goofy.  

• Paid Members

Is Goldberg worth a mention? If booked properly he could have been great for WWE.

Tough one because he clearly could have delivered far more if they'd protected him more but if you compare it to DDP, Goldberg's WWE run was Hulk Hogan in 1985.

Big Show has had so many bad runs in the WWE right from when he debuted to present. The worst being the start of his acting career when he began doing impressions in 2000. Didn't Vince claim he knew how to book him when he was in WCW? Then when he came over made a complete dogs dinner of him. 

Hardcore Holly's WWE run for the title in 2004 was another bad one. Interesting promos but just flopped as a main guy. 

Archived