Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Have there ever been outright racist stand-up characters portrayed by comedians with completely opposite views? Off the top of my head, Al Murray's the only one coming to mind, and the fact he stuck with that for long, long after it was clear he'd been co-opted by actual racists makes me uneasy.

 

Not exactly stand-up, but Warren Mitchell played Alf Garnett for years, and had complete opposite ideologies. Sacha Baron Cohen could be in the same boat with Borat.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Wonder how it'll pan out. Either his fans have died off or the critics won't be arsed about moaning about him anymore. Moaning about him is so November 2014.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Id happily have him back over the awful copycats like Arron Cresswell (i think) and others that are popping up everywhere now.

I don't know his name, but there's some pillock that sadly wears an Arsenal hat when he records his Vines. His 'comedy'consists of shouting swear words as loud as he can. Also from London, often in his white van. Awful.
Posted

 

Id happily have him back over the awful copycats like Arron Cresswell (i think) and others that are popping up everywhere now.

I don't know his name, but there's some pillock that sadly wears an Arsenal hat when he records his Vines. His 'comedy'consists of shouting swear words as loud as he can. Also from London, often in his white van. Awful.

 

 

I think its Arron Crascall I meant actually but there loads of them popping up off the back of Dapper laughs. Ive seen the one you mean I think too, although theres probably a dozen similar too.

Posted

Seems like pandering if I'm honest, the world condemns the character so he condemns the character, then the world takes the piss out of his polo neck so he takes the piss out of his polo neck.

  • Moderators
Posted

Seems like pandering if I'm honest, the world condemns the character so he condemns the character, then the world takes the piss out of his polo neck so he takes the piss out of his polo neck.

Of course it is. He's already proved if nothing else that he's utterly spineless.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

He's not my thing but I thought the self depreciation in that video was pretty funny. There's bigger issues in the world than an offensive comedian. Looking back at it now, this being covered by Newsnight and him stopping in the first place was pretty silly. I was only aware he was back after seeing The Independent calling the comeback video "terrifying". Some perspective needed.

Edited by Benno
Posted

That was quite amusing as it goes!

 

He seemed like a nice chap who'd got well out of his depth, so perhaps he can tweak the character, drop the rape gags, actually make Dapper the butt of the jokes, and win people over.

 

Or not.

×
×
  • Create New...