Dapper Laughs

Devon Malcolm

I'm sure that an element of his fans are well aware of the misogyny and applaud it, as they don't want their privilege in life challenged, whether it be from women, blacks, gays or the disabled.

So all of his female fans are just too thick to understand the concept of misogyny?

So that's a resounding "No I can't but I'll try and shift the goalposts as much as I can" then. Ok.

Where did I say that his female fans are just too thick to understand the concept of misogyny, based on what you quoted, where did I say that?

:laugh:

You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged." That statement thus says that you don't think any of his female fans -- or black fans, or disabled fans, or gay fans -- are capable of it. You were very patronising to all of the groups other than the one your self-loathing comment was actually aimed at. That's always the danger in such cases, of course. But it's rare to see it put so obviously.

You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged."

Where did I say that? Once again, citation needed.

That's two citations I'm waiting on. Not opinion, not inference, actual accusation. This isn't the raw thread.

You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged."

Where did I say that? Once again, citation needed.

Here:

I'm sure that an element of his fans are well aware of the misogyny and applaud it, as they don't want their privilege in life challenged, whether it be from women, blacks, gays or the disabled.

No, I didn't think that "element" meant everyone -- it quite clearly referred to a specific segment of his fanbase, the segment you described in the very same sentence. But you've decided that other elements of his fanbase are aware of the misogyny now too, apparently, thus rendering your original statement null. For the best, I think.

You've said that they don't want their privilege challenged from women, blacks, gays or the disabled. The implication is that the element you speak of are none of these things or else they wouldn't be challenged by these groups. Hence, they're white, straight, able-bodied males.