Keith Houchen Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Oh, Dapper did a token black joke? How meta!. But yeah, maybe Newsnight were right and he is the real victim here.
King Pitcos Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 I'm sure that an element of his fans are well aware of the misogyny and applaud it, as they don't want their privilege in life challenged, whether it be from women, blacks, gays or the disabled. So all of his female fans are just too thick to understand the concept of misogyny?
Keith Houchen Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Citation needed where I said that exactly.
King Pitcos Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 You implied it in the bit that I quoted, about how the only fans of his who could be aware of misogyny in his act are white, able-bodied, straight men "who don't want their privilege in life challenged."
Keith Houchen Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 So that's a resounding "No I can't but I'll try and shift the goalposts as much as I can" then. Ok. Â Where did I say that his female fans are just too thick to understand the concept of misogyny, based on what you quoted, where did I say that?
King Pitcos Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 So that's a resounding "No I can't but I'll try and shift the goalposts as much as I can" then. Ok. The irony of that is astounding.
Keith Houchen Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 Citation needed, plus your understanding of irony. Â Where did I say that his female fans are just too thick to understand the concept of misogyny, based on what you quoted, where did I say that?
King Pitcos Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014  You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged." That statement thus says that you don't think any of his female fans -- or black fans, or disabled fans, or gay fans -- are capable of it. You were very patronising to all of the groups other than the one your self-loathing comment was actually aimed at. That's always the danger in such cases, of course. But it's rare to see it put so obviously.
Keith Houchen Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014  You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged." Where did I say that? Once again, citation needed. That's two citations I'm waiting on. Not opinion, not inference, actual accusation. This isn't the raw thread.
King Pitcos Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014   You said that the only fans who can understand the presence of misogyny in his act are white, straight, able-bodied males "who don't want their privilege in life challenged." Where did I say that? Once again, citation needed.  Here:  I'm sure that an element of his fans are well aware of the misogyny and applaud it, as they don't want their privilege in life challenged, whether it be from women, blacks, gays or the disabled.Â
Keith Houchen Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 And you thought that "Element" meant everyone. Well done. I wonder what element meant? It doesn't matter, I'm sure the female fans will understand the concept of misogyny.
King Pitcos Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 No, I didn't think that "element" meant everyone -- it quite clearly referred to a specific segment of his fanbase, the segment you described in the very same sentence. But you've decided that other elements of his fanbase are aware of the misogyny now too, apparently, thus rendering your original statement null. For the best, I think.
Keith Houchen Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 how did it clearly refer to a specific segment of his fan base?
Sphinx Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 You've said that they don't want their privilege challenged from women, blacks, gays or the disabled. The implication is that the element you speak of are none of these things or else they wouldn't be challenged by these groups. Hence, they're white, straight, able-bodied males.
Paid Members FLips Posted November 14, 2014 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2014 Yeah that's how I read it too.
Recommended Posts