The Gaming thread - anything but video games

Thunderplex

• 1 month later...

Anyone get any cool game related presents this year?

I got a couple of Unmatched sets and Micro Macro Crime City. 

I've finally got my wife intrigued by a game. She's well up for Micro Macro because of the juicy mix of Where's Wally and sordid crime! Meanwhile the child and I can finally settle the age old argument of who wins in a fight, Sherlock Holmes or Bigfoot!

I'm also pretty certain I'm getting Project L when I see my brother on Wednesday, which combines 2 things I rather like, tetraminoes and Splendor.

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Micro Macro Crime City

Smashed through it last year, fantastic. Bought the sequel for the whole family this year. 

Got a Fallout board game expansion, Castle Panic and Hero Realms. Castle Panic is a very well designed Co op tower defence game. Hero Realms is the fantasy Star Realms that I adore and have mentioned in here before (I think @Chest Rockwellliked it?) 

• Moderators

Yeah, Star Realms is ace. But I am never allowed to play it at home as my wife had really bad morning sickness when we got it originally and now even the thought of the game makes her feel nauseous 😒. 

I got another Dominion expansion for Christmas. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but very excited!

• Paid Members

I got Lost Ruins of Arnak and Alien:Fate of the Nostromo.  Played Alien yesterday so, great but very easy.  There are some rules to boost the difficulty that i will indulge in.  Set Arnak up, but just the punching and set up took 90 minutes so all set up for me to play when I get home from Town , where I am Hoping to get some more gamey bargains.

17 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I got Lost Ruins of Arnak and Alien:Fate of the Nostromo.  Played Alien yesterday so, great but very easy.  There are some rules to boost the difficulty that i will indulge in.  Set Arnak up, but just the punching and set up took 90 minutes so all set up for me to play when I get home from Town , where I am Hoping to get some more gamey bargains.

They were setting up the sale table at Traveling Man on Christmas Eve. There's usually some interesting stuff for me and my daughter, dunno about crunchier stuff though. Fanboy 3 looked very well stocked over Christmas, so there might be some daft stuff there as well!

We didn't get my daughter any board games this year, because we finally folded on a Switch and a couple of years ago we got properly stung by the post Christmas sales.

• Paid Members

Bugger all at Fan Boy 3 that I’ve not already got.  The owner was holding court as usual, ranting about Amazon and Zatu, so I didn’t hang around.  Travelling Man has ditched the normal Sale, and has gone the 20% off everything route.  Picked up the latest character packs for Marvel Champions and Under Falling Skies.

Played Arnak today.  Seems a lot of fun, but lots to do in it and not enough time to do it in.  

9 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Bugger all at Fan Boy 3 that I’ve not already got.  The owner was holding court as usual, ranting about Amazon and Zatu, so I didn’t hang around.  Travelling Man has ditched the normal Sale, and has gone the 20% off everything route.  Picked up the latest character packs for Marvel Champions and Under Falling Skies.

Played Arnak today.  Seems a lot of fun, but lots to do in it and not enough time to do it in.  

It was Asmodee and Waterstones when I was in! Seriously though, he doesn't look well.

Travelling Man are waiting til New Year to do a proper sale, apparently. I went in today looking for Under Falling Skies, guess I know who to blame that I didn't get it!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

It was Asmodee and Waterstones when I was in! Seriously though, he doesn't look well.

Travelling Man are waiting til New Year to do a proper sale, apparently. I went in today looking for Under Falling Skies, guess I know who to blame that I didn't get it!

Oops!

• Paid Members

Under Falling Skies Is fantastic!  Easy rules to follow that gradually build up to a campaign. You get such a classic Space Invader vibe off it, but it’s so much more.