RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda chilling if you watch his RAW promo back too, some of the things he says about "breathing final breath" etc

I haven't had a chance to watch Raw yet, going to be really weird seeing this knowing it was so soon before his death.

Glad he got one last chance in the spotlight and my heart goes out to his family

• Paid Members

The timing of this is absolutely mental. It's like a crazy Hulk Hogan story. "Warrior and I made peace, he went into the Hall of Fame, cut a farewell promo on Raw....and then died the next day."

Awful news. RIP.

• Paid Members

I'm shocked like everyone else, he was one of two wrestlers I pretended to be (papa shango was the other) and was responsible for getting me into wrestling.

I haven't seen all of the weekend's shows yet so it'll be weird when I do. It's good he built his bridges and said his farewell speech, RIP.

Like others, I thought when I first heard the news that this was a sick joke. Turns out it's real :(. I wasn't into wrestling when warrior started, it just happened when I was 10ish I started watching WCW and that time warrior came to fight hogan. I remember little of it. But as time goes by you learn about the legends and respect them. Throughout all the stuff people said, I still respected what warrior has done for wrestling and entertainment. It's absolutely shocking that he's passed away at a young way, and even more shocking that it's happened after the last 72 hours! This just adds to the shock for me

RIP ultimate warrior, may you take the spaceship up to a peaceful place in the sky

• Moderators

Jesus, this is crazy. It's like that insane, jacked up body was just holding on until he could say goodbye to the fans. The love for his daughters on the HoF stage was terribly sweet, and whenever you saw videos of him interacting with fans, he seemed like the greatest guy ever, and it made you forget the nutty right wing stuff. I was a huge, huge fan as a kid (and could often be found running around like a maniac with coloured shoelaces tied to my arms), and was thrilled to have him back, and I'm deeply saddened that he's gone.

This is a real shock, RIP.

His final words from Raw. Have placed in Spoiler Tags as not sure about the rules.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what the man did in his life makes the blood pulse though the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honour him and make the running the man did live forever. You, You, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever!

• Paid Members

Gutted.

For once I actually was watching his matches just the other day. About 12 hours ago in fact.

I watched the Hall of Fame yesterday and thought he was fantastic. What stayed with me was how honest he was about being hurt by the DVD and how sweet he was with his daughters and what a great weekend their family must have had. I watched parts of his match with Orlando Jordan in Spain and one of the few highlights was seeing his wife and two daughters in the crowd there also, a few years younger, supporting their husband/dad.

I feel terrible for them. Absolutely tragic.

• Paid Members

Not seen a lot recently as busy on about four fronts. Did read the results of WrestleMania and saw pics of him on Raw. To then see this within days is fucking unbelievable.

Absolutely loved the Warrior, for all his flaws. Said many times on here that Warrior/Savage from WM7 is the greatest match ever wrestled. Believe that to this day.

The world is one fruitcake less today.

Actually, properly devastating.

His politics aside, I've always loved the big lug.

What makes it a million times more depressing is that, to a man, he seems to have made up with everyone he'd fallen out with in the past. He just came in, seemed chuffed as chips to be there, acted humble, mended bridges, showed how proud he was of his lovely family, helped everyone forget the past and...died.

Eurgh. There's just something so awful and tragic about the whole thing.

Absolutely gutted.